Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trust me on this. It is easier to take your toys into a marriage than get them when you are married. Make sure you own your motorcycle before you sign that marriage paperwork...because getting a new motorcycle when you are married can be as hard as breaking out of Alcatraz. Or marry some woman who owns a motorcycle dealership.

50 years from I'll still have my 1998 Duc...provided the wife hasnt slipped oleander into my coffee by then.

So never give up your bike. Because your freedom and balls are attached to the seat. Some of you married guys know what I mean.

RIDE ON!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Amen brother. I bought my 696 cash last winter before I bought her engagement ring at the beginning of this year. I was thinking exactly the same thing. I got myself a motorcycle and she got a ring.

It's kind of like marrying someone with a child. She's going to have to learn to accept my baby if she wants this marriage to work! lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Options

Of course, the other option is never getting married, then you can have all the toys you want...being the "eternal bachelor" I can't help making the comment. lol

A woman who loved riding and had her own bike, now that could be delightful!

Enjoy your ride:)

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
depends on the woman.

my wife rides a Vino 125, 97 Monster 750, and a 08 Hypermotard 1100.
(those are hers, i have my own)

she's the person i have fun with, not an anchor holding me back.

·
Super Moderator
3,955 Posts
depends on the woman.

my wife rides a Vino 125, 97 Monster 750, and a 08 Hypermotard 1100.
(those are hers, i have my own)

she's the person i have fun with, not an anchor holding me back.
+1 to that!

Lesson for today: marry someone who is actually cool, not just the pretty girl who catches your eye.

PhilB

·
Registered
73 Posts
I don't get it...

My fiancee has her own 696. We have GP or WSBK viewing parties every Sunday. We went to three races this summer including WSBK in Utah. We're getting married next May. The first stop on our honeymoon is the MotoGP races in Mugello. The second stop is the Ducati factory.
No, she doesn't have a sister.

·
Registered
69 Posts
+1 to that!

Lesson for today: marry someone who is actually cool, not just the pretty girl who catches your eye.

PhilB
+10000000000000000000000000

There is a saying that I use from time to time. "Looks will fade but Bitch is forever". Or "No matter how hot she is someone, somewhere is tired of her ****."

Marry someone that you actually like to spend time with and you will be alot happier. I am 36 married for 13 years and I couldn't be happier.

Now to add to the original topic. Once you have a bike, always have a bike. Trade it in on a new one but never sell it with out buying another right away. There is always something that will come up that needs the money in your pocket. Unless you are in SERIOUS financial trouble keep at least one bike. I've seen guys sell a bike to pay for school or a car for their kid with great intentions of getting another in a few years and it never happens.

·
Registered
142 Posts
my wife rides and has been riding w me for bout 20 years, (her last bike was a 82 kz550) caught her staring at my 796 the other day ... yikes !!! ps taught her to ride in like 5 minutes in a field showed her a couple things and off she went !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts