Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Speed will air coverage of the Moto-ST Endurance event from Daytona back in October. Sunday, Dec 17 at 3 PM Eastern time. Some big names raced in this one.

If you don't already know the outcome, I will just say it was really close for an endurance race. I'll be glued to the couch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I suppose that is the equivalent of some cut down coke, but hey who can complain in the off season. Cause I sure am not paying 30 Euros to be able to watch old races and testing. They are getting a little big headed as of late (motogp.com) that is. Thanks for the heads up.

Amazing that there are races of something other than nascar on that der speedvision.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Classic Speed coverage as usual. They called the 749 a Monster and the sport classic a multistrada [laugh] I like endurance races. It's cool to see all the different bikes racing together. But I enjoy working the pit crew better...that's fun!

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
They have a strada listed as well as a ps1000, and a sport classic. But I remember the announcer calling the ps1000 a multistrada for sure. And it was during a close up shot. And I'm 100% positive that he called the 749 a Monster just shortly before it crashed.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, They screwed the pooch on identifying the Brumos/Ducati Madrid bike. Called it a Monster and I think they even had the graphics written out as Monster 748S.

I was looking at the MS/Classic ?? too because it sure looked like the Paul Smart version. But I couldn't tell for sure that it wasn't a MS with an Imola type replica fairing on it. I tend to believe it is one of the Classics, though.

Overall, for a field of so many riders unfamiliar with Daytona and the Moto-ST format, it looked like a lot of good clean passing and good racing. If this series is successful and stays around, it will be a good one for privateers, especially in the Sport Twin Class where the SV 650s and Ninja 650s were all competitive and are relatively inexpensive to race in this type of series.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts