Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I dropped my bike a few weeks ago and came out with no damage except bent foot levers (and my leg...). I'm looking to replace but can't seem to find much. I have a 02 620ie, the stock shift lever is kind of close for me as I have big shoe size. I was looking at OEM but realized that for the same price I can get aftermarket. I would like to increase the distance from the peg if possible. I'm not opposed to reverse shifters either. Any recommendations? I've been looking at motowheels site but they only have a few and they all seem too long.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Go to ebay and find an aftermarket "reverse" shifter. Most are adjustable, well made, and a lot cleaner looking. If you put a little heat on the one you bent, you can probably continue to use it or keep it as a backup.

·
Registered
215 Posts
i bent mine when my monster did a slow fall over on the trailor that i was pulling it on. i did what "Norm" said. removed the lever. tighten it up in a vise. then use MAP gas to heat. it's the one in the yellow tank. heat it up slowly on both sides and bent very slowly. i saved mine and was bent badly. i was even able to bend mine differently to clear the side stand better.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hi, I dropped my bike a few weeks ago and came out with no damage except bent foot levers (and my leg...). I'm looking to replace but can't seem to find much. I have a 02 620ie, the stock shift lever is kind of close for me as I have big shoe size. I was looking at OEM but realized that for the same price I can get aftermarket. I would like to increase the distance from the peg if possible. I'm not opposed to reverse shifters either. Any recommendations? I've been looking at motowheels site but they only have a few and they all seem too long.

Check this place, http://www.slingshotracing.net/catalog/ducati-parts-c-9.html?osCsid=13cf758dc743a5940628b923f4f006fe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts