Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey boys and girls, I'm planning to attend the Fontana track day organized by GP and O'side. It's March 15th. Are any other Monsters going to show up?

It looks to be a killer day; they're running the "full AMA course", Ducati will have demo bikes available, and Eric Bostrom will be there. DNA actually picked up part of the tab, so it's open to all So Cal dealers.

Also, I'm looking for someone to split the cost of a hotel room for one night. I can squeeze both bikes into my truck if I have to.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
If I can swing the day off from work, I'll be happy to be the pit crew.

What night are you thinking of spending up here? You can bunk at my place if you like, as long as you don't mind sleeping on a couch and don't have cat issues. I'm only about 8 miles south of the speedway.

G

·
Hmmm....I was planning on going as long as weather permits. I'm not taking the monster, though. The SS would also need to "bum a ride" because I don't have a truck. Got everything but a truck, which I am trying to work on. ;D

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
ARe: Fontana track day

A small point of interest is that March in Fontana has a rainfall last year of about 2.9 inches, 2.7 of which fell on March 15. The track day is rain or shine, meaning no refunds, just bring your jetski. As Balz said, " So what are the chances of it raining the exact same day this year? "

The good news is that there were three precipitation days last year in March, and generally the weather was perfect.

I am sure that seeing the superbike races on a track that you had a track day on has to be too fun. " How do them fellas do it?" kind of thing. ( at least in my case)

Rideon

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rideon, you should definitely go. A track day is exactly what you need to move up to the next level. Poitras should go too!Plus this track day's gonna be a humdinger!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Speeddog, I just might take you up on that. And thank you kindly for the offer. Is it okay if another stays too?

I would spend Sunday night in the area and go to the track on Monday morning. I thought about driving up on Monday but then I thought about traffic and decided I didn't want to leave at 5:00 to get there by 9:00. And then ride all day and drive home. Shite, I must be getting old.

To all who may be interested, a buddy of mine has asked to go up with me so it looks like the seat and truck space are taken.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Damn!!! I cant have the Monster here till the end of March. Well maybe Ill come watch, yeah that'll be a close 2nd to riding............NOT!!! I may still come to watch

G

·
Why does it have to be Monday? I suppose I could reschedule some appoitments. When do I have to lay my money down? Also, do I need a full suit? Any other things I need to take into consideration?
I just looked at the registration form. I will have to lay down about three bills to get on the track that does not include leathers if they require a full suit. I have quarterly taxes due about then so I may not ride, but John and I can stand on the side and moan about it.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
SoCal,

Yeah, your buddy can bunk at my place too. You guys will have to arm-wrestle for who sleeps on the couch, recliner or floor, tho....
Best to bring a sleeping bag.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Poitras:

How do you figure 3 bills? Are you taking a class as well? I thought the thing was 195. I am taking the novice class as well, however, because thats what I be, so that is another 100 samolians.

Rideon

G

·
Wow...lots of activity from this one. Here is what I "have heard." DNA picked up some of the tab for the track day and all SoCal dealers are a part of it. Therefore, you can go to any dealer to sign up. As far as what I have been coming across with the track day fees, the track fee is $195. If you want instruction (I've seen 4-1 instruction on the DNA site, ProItalia has said "Private Riding Instruction" in an email I received...I don't know what that means) it is another $100 dollars. I'm not sure if Fontana carries a gate fee which is usually prevalent everywhere else.

SoCalSar - So will Ducati for sure have demo bikes? I was trying to look into this. It doesn't seem as though dealers are bringing any. Will that mean it will be like DRA in Vegas (sign ups) "street tour" as opposed to "track ride."

PPoitras - I think I read on californiaspeedway.com that two piece "zipped" leathers are okay. Track Days are definitely worthwhile. I am a newbie with two track days under my belt and am slowly progressing. You don't have all the moving obstacles you have to worry about on the street.

I'll be in the novice group working on a few of my own personal goals. We should get a head count closer to the date to see who else will be going. Hope to meet some of you there!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Poitras, you don't HAVE to take the Novice class. There will be people availavle to help show you a good line around the track, plus help work on your riding too. Two bills to ride the track, ride demo bikes and meet E-boz is a pretty good deal.

Speeddog, thanks for the invite. I'll pack a bag and thermarest :)

G

·
Oops! It was fastrackriders.com that I read where two piece zipped leathers were okay. They are usually at CASpeedway. It's under "Riding Events" > "Bike and Rider Requirements."

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Two piece zip together leathers should be fine. You will also need real riding boots and leather gloves. Helmet has to be Snell/DOT approved.

I've had GP and O'side tell me that there will be demo bikes available to ride on the track. I'm sure the lines will be long though.........

The event is being organized by FastTrackRiders beause of its size. As said, sign up is through your local Ducati pusher.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
I scored a nice technic one piece on e-bay, new, for 300. That's the lowest I have seen, for those that are shopping one pieces.

The zipper must be full circumference according to fastrack riders, I called them about a Sunday date before this thing came around.

Rideon

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah SuperDuc, the zipper has to be full circumference. No chance the jacket can ride up and expose flesh.

G

·
Ok, as long as I don't have to take the Novice class that will save the $100 but it still leaves me lacking in a zip around suit. I have my sights set on a set of high pipes from a friend ( wink, wink, nudge nudge ) as well as rear sets. As well as the fact that I am going to need a new lid soon plus all the other stuff that I have to pay for in life. ( anyone wanna buy a kid? ) Dammit now I'm depressed! Leave me alone all of you! Thanks but I gotta pass this time.Ride hard Guys.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Ppoitras:

The mantra of a salesman is to spend what they want, then sell enough to cover it. With all of the rain and mudslides going on , and you being the smoothest guy this side of L.A., I can't imagine you not owning the wholesale plant biz this side of palmdale.

Regards,
Rideon

1 - 20 of 22 Posts