Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's going to the races Sunday? I will be riding up if it doesn't pour. Is there anything new and cool in booths to be seen? Who went today?

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Troy:

The races looked awesome on the tube. Bos did a hell of a job. His duc has to be 30 hp down on the jap bikes, yet he owned 2nd place. I am stunned at the competitiveness of the duc given the differences of the machines.

It was really cool looking at the races on the same track that track day was on. Gave it a whole new perspective!

Where did you look at the races from?

Scott

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Superstock from grandstands, Supersport on infield brtween tuns 5,6 & 9,10.
Superbike from he fence by where they go into pits before getting back on the banking. Wife decided to park her ass at the last minute after I waited for her, and I got there just before race started, missed practice. E-Bos will be consistent though and Maladin does have those blowup Dunlops!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Troy:

Sounds like you had fun! Did you hook up with any locals?

Maladin is the hardest biker on tires that I have ever seen, Dunlops or no Dunlops. He displayed amazing restriant this time around, from what I remember in the past the guy loves to slide, burn out of corners, and commit tirecide in general.

Scott

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Saw James and some other Amigos from LA, no monster boarders.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
The other thing to think about is that the track at Fontana is more favorable to the GSXR as its tight, where as the way the motor is situated in the Duc sometimes makes the quick transition abit of a bear. Id look for Eboz to be alot more in the thick of it at places like Road America, Mid Ohio, and Brainerd to name a few.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He also has a lot of ride time at Sears Point and Laguna which I believe will factor in. Eric B. also did well at Pikes Peak in the past.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts