Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you folks that have installed jet kits or otherwise been into the carbs, have you had to replace any gaskets or o-rings?

Haynes mentions discarding this gasket and that o-ring and reassembling with new. I know in reality that isn't always necessary. But, are there any gaskets or other bits that are sure to need replacement when going into the carbs?

Or are all the seals pretty durable?

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
There are no gaskets in the Mikuni carburetors, only O-rings. The one on the float bowl winds all around the top edge, but it's quite durable. The ones on the main jets are tiny, so make sure you don't lose them. I consider them all to be rather durable.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I've been in & out of stock carbs a lot, & I haven't changed an O ring yet.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's good news. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Actually Hanes must have interest in a gasket and o-ring company. Their "toss and replace" advice extends beyond the carbs.

I recall reading their advice on chucking the metal gaskets on the cam cover and valve cover plates. I ordered some new gaskets, but checked with BCM. They said not to bother unless you see a leak. So I have the original gaskets on still and spares in my toolbox... for whenever I may need them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts