Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the cool mornings are starting here my guages are getting foggy on the inside almost to the point of not being able to read them.
Has anyone else experienced this??
If so is there a fix or should I be talking to the dealer.
Thanks
gator

'02 S4

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Several folks here have had that problem, seems that there is no "end user" fix, or at least nobody's fessed up how to do it.

I think it's a show it to the dealer thing, and ride with foggy gauges until the new set your dealer ordered arrives.

S

·
0 Posts
I have the same problem... is it something that gets done on warranty?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I notice it after I wash my bike as well, there are spaces water can't get in, but it is a pain

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
This is a very common problem---and a warranty replacement.

I'm on my third set.

I think it is a common enough problem that the dealer does not have to see the fog. My dealer didn't. But I didn't take a chance. I went by a gas station on the way, soaked the gauges, and parked in the sun. Maybe call the dealer first and ask if he needs "proof." He may not.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I just had this problem a couple of weeks ago with my Monster, I was washing it, and noticed the fog, I am scheduled for my 600 mile service in a couple of weeks, and I called the dealership and they said the guages would be replaced under warranty, they didn't need to see the foggy guages, and he said that he had to check with DNA to make sure. So far, I am happy, and hopefully after the service and the guage replacement, I will still be happy (also I'm going to be a lot more careful with the water when I wash it)

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
hey Capt.,

With all that water around you, it must be dificult to keep the gauges dry. Do actually ride your Monster on the Loveboat? Burn-outs on the Lido deck?

·
Registered
376 Posts
With Issac driving and Doc riding b_i_t_c_h, the guages always seemed to fog up, you draw your own conclusions. :p

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Hey everyone remember... if you take your gauges for waranty repair..... if theres ANY way in heck you can scam that foggy top cover off your old cluster please do... i need one BAD!!!!! willing to pay $$$$$$$$ :)

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
My guages are fine, but I don't have a Foggy edition.

Doc
(insert rimshot here)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Talked to the dealer the other day and he said no problem parts ordered. Must be pretty common problem if they did not even have to see the bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts