Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'96s2r1000,w/ 700 mi. Rode in a light drizzel for 20 min. to work about a month ago, since then, after riding for more than an hour, both tach and speedo get moisture on the lens- this happen to anyone else? I assume this is bad w/ electronic meters, but do I REALLY gotta leave it with the dealer again? I was hoping to ride it this winter atleast alittle, let alone wash it for the first time.:-[
Any fixes you guys know?

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Do a liittle search, very common problem.

If you don't have any guarantee left (to replace it), do the following things : Leave it under the sun and the moisture will disappear. Never wash the clusters when cleaning the bike. To avoid watering the gauges, cover them with a plastic bag. It works fine. As long as the digital screens (pixels) won't damage moisture is not a problem. I'm on my 3rd set of clusters (now they are the 695's clusters made by DigiTec not from MagnettiMarelli) and the problem remains.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Got about 7500 miles on my S2R1000, rode in the rain many times, heavy to light rain. Washed the bike with garden hose when both hot and cold...never had the gauges fog.

I would call the dealer, this should not happen.

Do you store the bike indoors? Mine has never sat out overnight yet...always got garaged and I never toured on it so I can't speak to that end of it...but other bikes I have toured on and have left out over night never fogged. I'd have the dealer fix it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Old D- It lives outside under a covered deck- same as my last 6 bikes. Think I gonna hold off taking it in until alittle later to see what else crops up before the warrenty runs out- who knows- maybe the neutral light ;) or valve stem seals will crap out next. My nearest dealer (40 mi.) is first come/served, and they can't/won't order parts until they see the bike. Then again, it might be nice keeping it there for the winter in their garage if I do take it in. Hmmm

·
Registered
322 Posts
my guages fog when it is brisk outside. especially when it is brisk and the sun hits them. i have a 2005 with 6500 miles on it. i know it is still under warranty but i have heard that ducati doesn't calibrate their guages. is this true. what i mean is if my bike has 6500 miles on it now, will they advance my new odometer or will it read 0000 when i get it? this is the main reason i don't have them replaced. the fogging goes away after a little while. it does bother me some, but not as much as an odometer discrepency would.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
nissontek said:
my guages fog when it is brisk outside. especially when it is brisk and the sun hits them. i have a 2005 with 6500 miles on it. i know it is still under warranty but i have heard that ducati doesn't calibrate their guages. is this true. what i mean is if my bike has 6500 miles on it now, will they advance my new odometer or will it read 0000 when i get it? this is the main reason i don't have them replaced. the fogging goes away after a little while. it does bother me some, but not as much as an odometer discrepency would.
All zeros.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
All zeros and a brand new bike

;D

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Old-Duckman said:
Got about 7500 miles on my S2R1000, rode in the rain many times, heavy to light rain. Washed the bike with garden hose when both hot and cold...never had the gauges fog.

I would call the dealer, this should not happen.
I agree, mines done 8000Km, lives on the street, no fogged guages.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts