Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend and I will be flying into the USGP next year for the first time and we are trying to avoid getting gouged by hotel prices. So I just had a couple quick and easy questions ==>

• Has anyone here ever tried to fly into the GP and camp at the track? I'm just curious if it is possible and if it is... is it worth it?
  • Assuming a yes to the previous question; There are still three available camping locations left... any recommendations? (Archery, Fox Hill, Toro Park)
  • Also a slightly related question... do other fly ins rent cars? Again, poor college students trying to save money here. :)

I'm wanting to get these tickets before they sell out because I know they are pretty quick to go. So any help is greatly appreciated and could get you a free beer on me if you are at the race [thumbsup]. Thanks!

PS
I've gone through this thread and camping isn't really mentioned... but it is a good thread nontheless for beginners.
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123948&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
My wife and I camped at Toro Park in 2005. We missed '06 but we're going again next year and we will be doing Toro Park again. You set up your tents on the grass and there are a pretty good amount of trees. There are real bathrooms with running water and (in '05 at least) there was a shower trailer available for free. They run a shuttle from Toro Park to the track too, so no worries on parking or traffic.

Here's a pic of our campsite on Thursday afternoon:

The park gets noticeably more crowded each day but it still is fine for a place to sleep and relax. If your more social, there's plenty of people to talk motorcycles with too. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks a lot MD. I think we will end up trying to fly in, taking all our camping gear on the plane, and get a cab or something to the camping area. Toro park looks pretty nice... I'm surprised at the amount of grass! If I see a camp site with Bronco's paraphernalia next summer I'll stop by and say thanks! [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I almost forgot. There's a Wal-Mart about 5 miles down highway 68 in Salinas in case you forget something. It's also a better place to buy bottled water than at the track. It's much cheaper at Wal-Mart.

More than likely we will drive up there so if you need a lift into town for supplies, we could probably help out.

You can PM me as the race gets nearer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts