Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to chopping my tail this weekend and found that I will not be able to use my LP short stalk marker lights-no room anywhere.

So, I've decided to look into mounting a pair of flush mounts to either side of the brake light instead. I assume I can drill a hole in the side of the lense and route my wires through there.

Does anyone have any advise to offer-perhaps a particular flush mount that is sensibly designed and fits the side of the lense well. So far I've looked at the LP Flush Mount V (http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/pages/product-sub3.asp?id=135) which is 2 1/4" by 1 1/4". This seems a little too big for the side of my brake light which is just barely that big.

TIA,
Miles

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Miles,

Isn't there any way to put an Aluminum algle bracket behind the license plate to mount your signals on to? That's what I have in mind for mine.

S

·
0 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don, I thought of that but was worried that having the two stalks popping out from under/behind the lic plate would place them too close together and perhaps be confusing to motorists at night. Also, mounting them there would but them between my pipes so wouldn't allow and side visibility.

Strati, thanks. Yours look good, I'll order a pair today.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Ah yes. I wasn't thinking of high pipes. I don't have 'em.

S

·
0 Posts
don't bother ordering them miles. you should be able to track them down pretty cheap at most dealers. $15-20 tops. it'll save you the shipping cost if you pick 'em up locally ;)

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did find a pair at Cycles 128 and picked them up on the way home. Got a question though. Did you leave some slack wire to allow for the removal of the brake light lense? Since the flush mounts attach to the brake lense but are also wired to the harness, it seems like you have to leave some slack in order to replace the brake bulb. If you left slack, how did you stow it?

TIA

Miles

By the way Don, why don't you have a bunch of pics in the Member's Bikes section?!

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I put a few up a while ago. You know I was just looking for my pics yesterday to link an image of my front signals and I couldn't find the damned things! There are so many pics in the members bikes section that it's hard to find anything.

I should take a bunch of snaps and maybe get my own folder. Then I should also get off my butt and send in a donation for the storage space!

Strati should definately get his own folder!

S

·
0 Posts
hey miles, i did leave about 6" of slack for the signals and zip-tied the slack under the seat. if i need to work on the brakelight (to change bulbs, etc...), i usually just remove the whole unit. some people say "don't work harder, work smarter"... i typically "work dumber" to stay in the garage longer. ha!

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Those are what I've wanted since I first saw 'em.

But $400 to put one on each corner? That's one FCR 41!

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good news Don, I just saved you $200!! While the list price is $99 each, the Your Price is $49 each. Still a lot of money for lights though :-/

1 - 15 of 15 Posts