Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in getting a set of Cycle Cat clip-ons for my 97 M900 to replace the stock bar. On Cycle Cat's site under the description of the DBR-3s it lists NOT APPLICABLE for the brake and clutch fluid reservoirs. What exactly does that mean?

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have an '02 M750. I'm not sure what resevoir setup your monster has but mine came with the "coffin" style resevoirs which are incorporated into the brake/clutch levers. I could not fit my cycle cat clip-ons with these resevoirs. The riser portion of the clipons would not clear the coffins. I ended up replacing my entire brake/clutch setup. I had to go with goldline brembos with the remote resevoirs ( an additional $250.00).

Tim

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nevermind.. I am a moron.

**IMPORTANT: All Ducatis with coffin-style reservoirs will also require Cycle Cat's master cylinder spacer kit, which is
part number PKHS031-02A, MSRP $40.00, MSRP $20 when purchased with a bar mounting system.
This kit provides extra clearance for the reservoirs which, otherwise, conflict with the riser.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK then.. new question. Does anyone know who sells the aforementioned spacers? Motostrano and Motowheels both sell the Cycle Cat clip-ons, but there's no mention of the spacers I need and they haven't responded to my emails. I really want to have these in my garage when my bike gets back from the shop.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Coffins" are large rectangular boxes instead of the nice cylindrical reservoirs used these days. I'm not sure when they stopped using them on Monsters... as a matter of fact I didn't know they stopped at all.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Try Motowheels again if you can't get a hold of them email Cycle Cat someone there will help you.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well.. I tried emailing Motowheels again like you suggested and they did reply.. unfortunately he simply told me to go to Motowheels.com for info.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I ordered my cyclecats from Chris over at ca-cycleworks and they came with the spacer needed for the coffin-style reservoirs. I didn't even realize i needed them when i ordered.. thankfully Chris did. Hehe. :)

-mike

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Excellent news.. I'll just wait til' Chris get's back and get them from him.

Thanks Mike!

·
0 Posts
I installed the DBR-3's on my 03 800. To incorporate them I used a spacer in btwn the reservoirs/master cylinder. Initially I used ripped cardboard and squeezed it in, but my mechanic instead placed an actual spacer for a more secure fit. Order the cycle cat's, just be creative. I'll add a flick soon.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anybody have detailed pics of the DBR-3s installed? The Cycle Cat photo is kinda dim.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You could resize them...

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
I think the size limit is 400k.

My camera shoots a 1600x1200 image, it can be anywhere from a 500k to a 1.2M file. I usually resize at 40 - 50% and the image is still pretty good.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Maybe I should make this its own post, but how hard is it to convert from the coffin style reservoirs to the cup style reservoirs? The coffins are fugly!

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Gman or who ever else knows:

What about the top triple clamp on the 02? Other then the $325 cycle cat one, are there less expensive options to install so that the handlebar clamp doesn't stick up after removing the stock bars and putting on the clip-ons? I heard you can have the clamp part ground down on stock top triple, but that seems extreme.

Any suggestions?

Scooby

1 - 20 of 26 Posts