Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know, or can direct me to a source providing information on finding some twisty

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think if you get a map and scope out Valrico, but towards Lithia Springs there are some twisty roads out that way. Its been 11 years but those are my old stomping grounds. Just look for "somewhat twisty roads on the map". Also get online and post your resume and get a job in Los Angeles, and move to california. Really nice roads in San Diego. I miss San Diego.

O

·
0 Posts
htcamp where in tampa are you , iam in st pete . may be able to help with twisties

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
htcamp where in tampa are you , iam in st pete . may be able to help with twisties

North Tampa, Carolwood.

Bud

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
The Clermont/Howey-in-the-hills area has some nice riding. It's not what you'd call challenging, but twisty by Fla standards.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
I've driven around Brooksville a few times and some of the roads on the outskirts have about as much in curves and elevation as I can think of for your area. Take the scenic route up 41 and it won't be such a drag just getting there to explore the area.

X

·
0 Posts
Put it on the Jennings GP track.. lots of twisties with no oposing traffic.. pretty inexpensive too 300 for a weekend of track riding!

O

·
0 Posts
htcamp on my profile is my email , mail me and lets find time for a ride up in pasco , sumter co.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I live in Sarasota half of the year and there is nothing longer than short stretch in between lights down here. If you're in Tampa, your best bet is ride 275 near the I-4 split and dodge the traffic.

All the bikers I know here are flatliners. Long swing arms on Hyabusa's for that flat out speed

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Umm... I hope htcamp has found what he is looking for since 10/05/03. Either way, I don't think the resurrection of this thread will help since he was last active 06/20/05.

·
Registered
675 Posts
howie said:
Umm... I hope htcamp has found what he is looking for since 10/05/03. Either way, I don't think the resurrection of this thread will help since he was last active 06/20/05.
Wow...that's close to 2 years ago, but anyways that Lithia area elpato mentioned are my local twisty roads. Nothing like Cali, NC, and such, but if someone in the area want to try I can help out.

Carlos

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Me too... I'm in St. Pete... I hear about Brooksville, but i'd like to go with someone who's been there before.

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
truerider said:
Yeah but the info counts. I want to know more about twisties in Florida.

8)
Someone asks a question about roads in Florida 4 years ago. He hasn't been active on the forum in 2 years. You bring back this 4 year old thread to say "I'm out in Cali, wish I could help." WTF? It's not like this is the first time you've done this.

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
truerider said:
Exactly. If it's relevant and something that hasn't been covered recently it can be used. Even though someone asks the initial thread queation or posts infomation
most of the thread becomes the sum of its parts.

Why not try another approach sometime. Have some fun its a moto-board afterall.

[thumbsup]

;D
But you did not add anything relevant. You revived a 4 year old thread to say that you have no information. Take your meds before you post.

·
Registered
338 Posts
There are no good roads to ride in FL. don't move here, it's too hot, flat, old people, sand on the roads.

Move somewhere else,

thanks

1 - 20 of 27 Posts