Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess this is it......Long time lurker and first time poster here. I have been drooling over the S4R now since they were introduced and I am finally moving forward with a purchase. With all that said, I am looking for fellow riders in the Tampa area that are more into the ride than most of the stunters around here just trying to get busted.....

Any riders around?

We just have 2 for now - 04' S4R and an 04' 620 Matrix

Feel free to PM or email.

Thanx
Liter ;D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I guess this is it......Long time lurker and first time poster here. I have been drooling over the S4R now since they were introduced and I am finally moving forward with a purchase. With all that said, I am looking for fellow riders in the Tampa area that are more into the ride than most of the stunters around here just trying to get busted.....

Any riders around?

We just have 2 for now - 04' S4R and an 04' 620 Matrix

I probably don't qualify since I'm just an aspiring Monster owner but if you don't mind riding with an SV650 rider I'm in Orlando and would be game for some weekend riding sometime.

I like to think of my SV as a cheaper Monster substitute until I can move up the food chain. Besides, I've been riding for less than a year and keep thinking that the S4R sure doesn't look newbie-friendly ;)

Anyway if an SV doesn't cramp your style let me know.

-Martin (Orlando, FL)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Hey fellas! I would love to live in Fla. Hell, I've been trying to talk my wife into moving to the Tampa area, so saf no go. Anyway, if anyone happens to make it out to DDD, the Ducati Daytona Day, I would appreciate some video and/or audio of the Ducati Idol best sounding Duc contest. I wish I can go, but work requires me to be here. Thanks in advance if anyone goes.
Jason

·
Registered
100 Posts
Look me up, I'm in Tampa...Shoot me a PM. BTW, I'm headed to DUC Day, I'll get some photos to post. If you want to hear a DUC roar...look me up, Sil's Rock!

Bud

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey Beer or 2, I'm in Daytona. Where do you live that you're looking for roads in the Deland area? I've ridden some nice roads out SR 44 west from Deland. :-*

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I'm in Tampa ....
Just moved up here from Miami.

Planning a trip to "slay the dragon" soon. I'll let you know dates!

SR44 is some good riding, any local hang-out/burger joints where people meet?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Volusia county (where I live) is completely populated by Harleys. Must be a higher percentage here than any other place around! Anyplace that might be a hangout has been taken over by the "if you don't ride a harley, you aint' ****" crowd. I'll just stop at regular restaurants or take the S4 home before stopping for any "refreshments". (Always a good idea anyways)

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Dude .... Harley girls are EASY!!!!
And they only know that the monsters a twin!

talk some smack and take the wife to the bathroom while her Harley Husband admires his crome!!!!!

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Tampa here!

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Lynn Haven, Bay county. Right nextdoor to the worlds most beautiful beaches.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im up in Ft. Walton Beach, just got stationed here a couple of months ago. been looking for some good roads up here.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Moving to Navare in Sept
Hope to see some ducs around
all those hogs are no fun

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lake County here! SR44 has some good twisties, so does SR42. NFR 8(National forest road) is fun to ride as well. We should all get together sometime and go riding. Maybe we could all do a cruise sometime. Let me know something...

02MS

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
What's up FLA. ? My wife is from Orlando and every time we visit I'm saddened by the lack of hills and curves in the roads. We've talked about moving there and I always end up balking because of the above, not to mention the humidity.

I'm in LA (We love it!) where there is not a single straight road. I'm glad to see there are a few roads to tear up in the Sunshine state.

What/where is the Dragon? Rtes 42/44? Maybe I'll rent a Harley, I know, next time I'm in town and take a ride. Local tracks/track days?

How bout' them Dolphins?

Peace.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I used to live in Daytona Beach a couple of years ago when I went to AMI I never saw any monsters except at school and at bike week.

·
Registered
338 Posts
1screaminduk said:
Hey Beer or 2, I'm in Daytona.  Where do you live that you're looking for roads in the Deland area?  I've ridden some nice roads out SR 44 west from Deland. :-*
This might interest you,we have 2 local Ducati rider groups in Deland,Daytona area.

go to... Meetup.com  Enter search for Central Florida Ducati Group  its group #13

or you could join the Desmodromiclub same site   #125

we get together once or twice a month for a ride,good bunch of guys,hope to see you there.

http://ducati.meetup.com/13/

http://ducati.meetup.com/125/

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am in Northern Cali, and have just been asked to transfer to Orlando, Hope there are some other ducs out there to ride with.!!
Do you guys have a local chapter? If not lets set one up!

·
Registered
9 Posts
anyone in sw florida, im in naples and can't find anythinng other than hogs and ricers(stunters included)... i just moved here and can't find a duc of a twistie for the life of me

--Geoff

1 - 20 of 20 Posts