Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed the emissions stuff long ago on my M750, but never got rid of those two hoses that come out of the float bowls and exit near the oil filter (see pic).

Can these be removed and plugged with bolts, like the intake runners were? If not, could they be run back and spliced into the tank overflow hoses?

Muchas Gracias.

Attachments

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Those are float bowl drain hoses, IIRC. You could either run them back to tie into the tank hoses, or run them on the left side of the bike with the battery drain-hose.

I pulled mine completely off and the bike ran fine w/o them, so...

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Duck-Stew, when you pulled yours completely off, I guess you plugged them with something right?

Did they take the same M5 screws and RTV silicone you used on the intake runners?

Thanks!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Take 'em off! How often do you drain your float bowls? (Rhetorical question, I don't really want to know....) When you do you can slip them back on. ;D

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, I'm convinced and ready to take them off.

Can someone tell me how I should plug the holes? Do they take the same M5 screws and RTV silicone as I used on the Intake Runners?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Can someone tell me how I should plug the holes?
You don`t need to do that. They are attached to the bowls as a draining function.
If you don`t touch the drain screws, no problemo.
If you don`t want/need the drain function for the float bowls, remove hoses.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So does that mean there are screws already in place under those hoses, right where they meet the float bowls?

I never thought to look under them--just assumed they were actually "connected" to the float bowls.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
'greenmonster' is correct. There are indeed screws which are the drain-plugs for each float bowl. The hoses are simply there to provide a path for the fuel to drain away from the hot horz. cylinder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts