Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving thru FL for vacation and saw a coupld of monsters. A dark around Jacksonville, and a red somehwere south on A1A. If you saw some guy in a white Jeep waving and wondering who he was.... just me.

It also made realize the I REALLY need to get a DML sticker to put on the thing. ;D

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, was that YOU in the white Jeep????????????? Man!!! I can't believe it. I wish I would have seen ya' [laugh]

Tom

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
I think that if you're in a white Jeep, you should only wave at other guys in white Jeeps. Otherwise, it's just weird. Waving at guys on bikes while you're in a Jeep is "cross waving". That's just wrong and can give a guy the willys. . . . . . But I guess if you were in a Willys Jeep, then it'd seem natural........... Naw, I'm just yanking your chain because I'm bored. I was riding my S4R yesterday through a neighborhood and this little kid in his front yard started jumping and going crazy and waving, and I thought, Hell, did I just become the Ice Cream Man or something? Or is this kid really into motorcycles? So I waved back and I guess I made his day. I have to admit that he made mine. Waving is all good.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Yeah, little kids get so excited when I ride by. I always wave back if they are waving to me. You can see the shear excitement in their eyes when they see you wave back. I love that.

A few weeks ago I was riding through my dad's neighborhood and came up to a stop sign where two kids were standing, waiting for me to pass by. When I got up to the line, one of them says, "Nice bike!" I say, "Hey, thanks, man!" And then I pop the clutch a little taking off just to pull the wheel up a litte and I can see in my mirror that they are jumping up and down and waving their arms in the air.

I'm gonna have to stop doing that 'cause inevitably I'm going to loose it one of these times and then lay there in the middle of the street like a tool while two kids laugh their asses off hysterically at me. [laugh]

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
johnstl said:
I'm gonna have to stop doing that 'cause inevitably I'm going to loose it one of these times and then lay there in the middle of the street like a tool while two kids laugh their asses off hysterically at me. [laugh]
LOL That is so true. I hear you.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
okemos said:
I think that if you're in a white Jeep, you should only wave at other guys in white Jeeps. Otherwise, it's just weird. Waving at guys on bikes while you're in a Jeep is "cross waving". That's just wrong and can give a guy the willys. . . . . . But I guess if you were in a Willys Jeep, then it'd seem natural........... Naw, I'm just yanking your chain because I'm bored. I was riding my S4R yesterday through a neighborhood and this little kid in his front yard started jumping and going crazy and waving, and I thought, Hell, did I just become the Ice Cream Man or something? Or is this kid really into motorcycles? So I waved back and I guess I made his day. I have to admit that he made mine. Waving is all good.
+1 Yeah, I just get so excited when guys in their white jeeps wave at me :) :) [laugh] [laugh]

Not sure if it's the bike, or just the South Florida guys....girls....jeez, I don't know what to call them :) ha ha ha ha

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think that if you're in a white Jeep, you should only wave at other guys in white Jeeps.
Sometimes I just get so confused. ;D In the Jeep, I wave at Jeeps (Wranglers at least) On the bike, I wave at other riders (regardless of brand). On the mtn bike, I wave to other bikers. It's just become habit to try and wave to a Ducati though.... monster or superbike doesn't matter.

Maybe I'm just trying to let them know that someone else 'gets' it. [laugh]

I do feel sorry for the FL guys sometimes though...... I think there's been about 3 curves crossing the entire state. I hope your back roads somewhere get a little bit twistier.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
It's just like riding a bicycle. When you ride a bicycle, you see things that you never thought were there before, because you're joy riding and looking around.

Just like after you get a ticket, you suddenly notice every cop on the road.

Just like when you get a new car, it suddenly seems like everyone has the same car as you.

The same with riding in Florida, there are so many curves here. I have no problem riding past the rubber edges of my tires. The curves are there, you just have to know where they are.

Just like in many places, if you want curves, you have to go to the canyon or the mountains or the river.............or..............someplace other than the city. You always gotta' go someplace. So, they are here, you just gotta know where they are. But they are sure more hard to find than say Tucson and Lemon Mountain.

Tom

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Even riding my moped around gets alot of hoots from the kids, cause the helmet I wear when its nice outside has a red mohawk on it!
You need to see the current issue of TWO. Has an article about and endurance supermoto moped race. One of their guys was in it wearing his $2000 leathers and racing gear. The rest of the guys look like they're wearing borrowed motocross gear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts