if its a small dent in a region which was relatively flat,
give it a try. what's the worst that could happen. if
that doesn't work, or if the dent is in a region with
significant curvature or on a crease, i think its gonna
require pulling / filling.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Norm can fix your tank, but he'll likely deliver it back to you in a primed, ready to paint condition.

Dunno if he can fix what you've got and leave your paint, you'll have to ask him.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds more like a dent than a ding! A paintless dent guy could probably do a decent job, as long as there isn't a crease. I'd at least have one of them look at it before drastic measures.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
The chances of a paintless dent puller working on that are slim to none (& slim just left town!!). You'll need to pull that dent out & as soon as a torch gets on the tank, you'll have to paint the whole thing. Try to live with it until you can be without the bike for a few weeks. In the mean time, start dreaming up cool paint schemes.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys!!

therefore the guy who sold me the bike was lying to me. he said it could be fix at less then a hundred.

well... repaint the whole tank can cost me $$$. :-/

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
I had a tank at the painter and he reached in with a tool he had made and popped out the dent on the side where the knee had hit, so it is possible. Most Monster dents are at the front when handlebar switch gear smack it, those are not likely to come out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts