Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When fitting the new Arrows full system, do you use an instant exh gasket between the pipe joints?

I know it comes with a small pack of "lubricating metal" , but that is anti sieze I believe.

I just dont' want to screw this beautiful thing up, and would hate to have leaks if i can prevent it.

What is the proven SOP?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I installed the full Arrow system on my 05' S2r this past June and I had some pretty bad exhaust leaks at both joints.
I ended up buying new exhaust gaskets (from Ducati dealer), along with some copper high temp silicon sealant (purchased at Advance Auto parts). That did the trick, at least so far. No leaks. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, CADUCMAN, you used the antisieze as a gasket sealer of sorts between the joints and it worked????

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I kinda did what CADUCMAN did
i just replaced the gasket at the header with a new ones and used the anti seize
on the joins between the pipes and cans
I thought that was what is what meant for, after-all the writing on the little bag was in Italian
So far so good

·
Banned
523 Posts
CADUCMAN said:
I used the existing gaskets for the two main connections and used the antiseize for the joint between the pipes and the cans...works great 15k later!
I also reused the stock steel gaskest on my 07 S4R(T) and used a small amount of the "official" Italian anti-seize between all the pipe connections at the suggestion of the Motosport Italia who sold me the system. By taking my time and sequentially tightening the 4 corner nuts, I had no leaks at either header. The anit-sieze isn't necessary, but is very helpful if you ever plan on removing or repositioning the pipes. On my 05 S2R with Arrows, it was necessary to remove the cans to get the rear wheel off the single swingarm. With the anti-seize, it was a 45 second operation including the springs and bolt. Joe X

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.