Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. i have a 2009 696 it's been sitting for a little while and im trying to get it going again.

I've had it all apart, testing everything and the last thing i can think of is a bad ECU...

So i confirmed spark, confirmed fuel pump is priming, there is pressure at the rail/injectors. noid light showed no flash. took injectors off, had them flow tested. tested fine...

New battery. while cranking over will fire with starting fluid and idle AND CONTINUE TO IDLE if you continue to shoot some starting fluid in it (which i know is not good for the cylinders, but for testing w/e).

i checked all the wiring for the injectors, all looked fine. This is how ive come to believe it is the ecu itself. Any other input or things to check ?

Appreciate any and all help

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'd pull the injectors and plugs, then hit the start button to see if fuel shoots out. If gas doesn't shoot out of the injectors, I'd see if the problem is the fuel delivery from the tank (does gas get pumped into the fuel line?) or the signal to the injectors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd pull the injectors and plugs, then hit the start button to see if fuel shoots out. If gas doesn't shoot out of the injectors, I'd see if the problem is the fuel delivery from the tank (does gas get pumped into the fuel line?) or the signal to the injectors.
it's the signal to the injectors... im 100% sure. i thought in my OP i said there's pressure/fuel at the rail and fuel will be shot out if the injectors are not hooked up. plugs are fine and im fairly certain i noted it will fire and idle off starting fluid w/o issue.

i just dont know if there's anything left to check/test before pulling the ecu

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to bring an old post back. My 09 696 is currently showing the same issues and I have done the same troubleshooting after sitting for 2 years. Did it end up being the ECU

·
Registered
443 Posts
I doubt it. I think the reason most people never follow up is because they were completely wrong. Start at the bottom and work your way up. Relays, pump, pressure, touch, feel and listen for the injectors actuating. If nothing there, then I would move on to electrical.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts