Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I did my first track day up in Loudon last week and holy cow, that was a blast!!!
I was amazed at what I had started at compared to what I finished doing. The first few laps was plenty fast to me at the time and by the last few of the day I was leaning harder, going faster and braking later than I had imagined.

I can't wait to sign up for another!!

I was also very impressed with my little monster (620), handled so much better than I had given it credit for, just went to prove yet once again that my bike is much more capable than I am. I was also pretty impressed with the power it had once you really wring it out. The single disc on the front had plenty of stopping power for the speeds I was going.

I had my speedo taped up, that way I wouldn't freak or fixate on it while doing laps.

I am so glad that I did it and now have a much better idea of what you all rave about.

The only bad part of the day was when one of the riders slammed his 999R into the back of another rider. He was taken away in the ambulance, I think that he only hurt his shoulder (the odd part was that the crash occured on the straight).

I can't wait to see how much more I can progress at the next one (I just need to start off slow again and build up, huge help!!!)

Peter

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
hey peter,

i was there wednesday and it was my first track day, too. don't think i met you, but i was on the white monster 620. i learned so much that day and can't wait to go back. are you headed up there in august for monster day?

from what i heard about the 999r, the rider was riding it for the first time that day, clipped someone else's back wheel on the straight, and suffered a concussion and broken ribs. apparently he had been doing some crazy stuff all morning, including passing on the inside and going on the grass.

roger

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
A WHITE Monster? WTF? Never heard of nor seen any such thing.

Anyway, I've paid my money for MTD in August. See your white Monsta there!

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
i'm not sure where you live, but you could always ride to the track and back. :) i put on over 800 miles from tuesday through thursday, riding up to loudon from nj and back. was gonna haul it up, but figured that the weather was decent and i had the time..

my bike started out as a dark but got a new paint job after crashing and banging up both sides of the tank.

http://www.froggert.com/pictures/monsterside.jpg

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know how you rode up and back after doing that track day. I was beat!!
(well, I had just finished a vaca in NC the same day we drove up to Loudon).
I remember seeing your bike, and probably said Hi to you, I do recall doing a double take when I heard that somebody had ridden up from NJ tho.
I am in CT, wouldn't have been too bad, but my buddy brought tons of gear for his track bike and i don't think that I would have made the ride back!!

Out of curiosity, why did you go with the white?

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
no real reason - i thought the black and white would be a good combo and different than the usual black, gray, yellow, and red monsters.

the only other color i considered was a gold metalflake, and was quickly talked out of it. :)

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
the only other color i considered was a gold metalflake, and was quickly talked out of it. :)
Aw, you coulda had a "harvest gold" monster, kinda like a 70's refrigerator ;)

·
Registered
366 Posts
See Don, you would have had a good time. I rode with Roger and the white Monster definitely stands out from the crowd.
"Harvest Gold" is just too nasty to contemplate. How about Avocado

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
harvest gold,
Avacado...

wasn't there a nasty brown in one of those decades??

I think that my pipes are louder after that track day, I guess I haven't been running my bike how it likes!?!?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts