Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys!

I’ve always loved Ducati’s and I finally bought my first Monster! It’s a 2013 796 stock with 200 miles on it.

I bought it without caring about ergos. I just fell in love.
Well…

I’m also 5 feet tall and 100lbs. Sooo I’m struggling to touch the ground. If any short riders have tips on what they do differently to handle the everyday obstacles of riding a Monster, please share!

Purchase was worth it though! Took it out for an hour yesterday and golly, it felt like heaven.
P.s.
little about me:
I’ve been riding for 10 years on and off. 6 on street on a cbr600rr. The past two years, I’ve been taking my bikes to racetracks and riding track days. I’m an intermediate rider, I would say. Always working on things, like every rider should.
I now own a ninja 400 for the track, this monster for the street, and a cute crf125 for trail riding.
Looking into purchasing a mini moto bike too.
I’m from NYC but just moved to Lehigh Valley, PA

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi Loneridergirl,...
Nice ride !! you might want to google for lowering kits or a low seat ?
This might come in handy too,...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi Loneridergirl,...
Nice ride !! you might want to google for lowering kits or a low seat ?
This might come in handy too,...
Low seats seem to be rare,... very rare.
Maybe check at a local upholstery shop, and have it shaved down ??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome loneridergirl! Nice score! Only 200 miles. I just recently joined the Ducati family with a brand new monster. Always loved them! Congrats on the gorgeous bike!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi loneridergirl.

My wife is about 1.5inches taller and 4lb heavier than you, so close but not quite as challenged.
Her most recent 5 bikes are;
Suzuki GSX650F,
Monster 695
Monster 696,
Monster 1100evo,
Monster 796.

We had the GSX lowered, but the 695 and 696 only had low seats.
When she wanted more power we looked at various bikes but they were all too tall or heavy, until we eventually heard about the 795 Monster (Asian markets only), which then led to finding the following thread:

This thread is a goldmine of useful information, however it is based on the older "pre-evo" 1100s which have slightly different handlebars. (The evo's handlebars have a higher curve which provides more space between them and the top of the forks and allows the forks to be 'slid-up' through the triple trees even further than in the thread).
Eventually we followed this route and modified an 1100evo with great success. But unfortunately that bike suffered an engine casualty and we retired it (ie we still have it but its in non-registered, non operational status).
It got replaced with a 796 (simply because there was only one 796 or 1100evo for sale within 3000kilometers of our town). The 796 is now jokingly referred to as the 7-11 since it is now a mixture of 796 and 1100 parts (with a dose of 696 thrown in as well. Read post #13 from the following thread to see what we did to it.

Lastly, If you have not discovered "Daytona Ladystar" boots yet, read up on them since my wife swears they are the best way to grow an inch.

cheers, Keef.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi loneridergirl.

My wife is about 1.5inches taller and 4lb heavier than you, so close but quite as challenged.
Her most recent 5 bikes are;
Suzuki GSX650F,
Monster 695
Monster 696,
Monster 1100evo,
Monster 796.

We had the GSX lowered, but the 695 and 696 only had low seats.
When she wanted more power we looked at various bikes, but eventually heard about the 795 Monster (Asian markets only), which then led to finding the following thread:

This thread is a goldmine of useful information, however it is based on the older "pre-evo" 1100s which have slightly different handlebars.
Eventually we followed this route and modified an 1100evo with great success. But unfortunately that bike suffered an engine casualty and we retired it (ie we still have it but its in non-registered, non operational status).
It got replaced with a 796 (simply because there was only one 796 or 1100evo for sale within 3000kilometers of our town). The 796 is now jokingly referred to as the 7-11 since it is now a mixture of 796 and 1100 parts (with a dose of 696 thrown in as well. Read post #13 from the following thread to see what we did to it.

Lastly, If you have not discoverred "Daytona Ladystar" boots yet, read up on them since my wife swears they are the best way to grow an inch.

cheers, Keef.
This is the most useful reply ever! I have the man’s version of the Daytona boots - mstar and they do add a good inch in height and are the best boots out there. They are worth it since you can use them with any bike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts