Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Im heading out tomorrow to pick up a 2001 Monster 750. I'm a new rider (if you dont count dirtbikes when I was a kid) and this is my first bike. Was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what to look for while I'm checking this thing out. Obviously I'm gonna ride it before I buy it so I'll be sure to make sure it runs and shifts smoothly ... are there any typical problems or areas or whatever that I should look for or ask about?

Again, it's a 2001 Monster 750. It's got 8600 miles on it and as far as I know everything on it is stock.

Any thoughts or suggestions or comments would be immensely appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Hey everyone,

Im heading out tomorrow to pick up a 2001 Monster 750. I'm a new rider (if you dont count dirtbikes when I was a kid) and this is my first bike. Was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what to look for while I'm checking this thing out. Obviously I'm gonna ride it before I buy it so I'll be sure to make sure it runs and shifts smoothly ... are there any typical problems or areas or whatever that I should look for or ask about?

Again, it's a 2001 Monster 750. It's got 8600 miles on it and as far as I know everything on it is stock.

Any thoughts or suggestions or comments would be immensely appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
You definitely want to see service records. The bike should have a valve adjustment every 6K miles and belts replaced every 2 years if not with the valve adjust.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts