Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my first speeding ticket yesterday on a bike - 79 in a 60 (freeway). Just as I was pulled over, another Ducati (900ss) was pulled over just ahead of me. Guess I deserved it, but will pay $350 to a lawyer rather than the $153 to the city, so that it doesn't go on my permanent record.

Minutes later it started chucking it down with rain, and everyone slowed to 50mph - I got soaked. NOT my luckiest day......

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
That's a shame, the cops around here pretty much leave bikers alone unless they/we do somethign really stupid.

·
Registered
40 Posts
hehe ;D I got my first a few month ago for speeding - > 1600 Srf which is bout 1200 $ ... hurts really bad... and 2 months no driving... and I was only 50 km/h over speedlimit .. ;).... ;D

·
Registered
852 Posts
Got my first speeding ticket yesterday on a bike - 79 in a 60 (freeway). Just as I was pulled over, another Ducati (900ss) was pulled over just ahead of me. Guess I deserved it, but will pay $350 to a lawyer rather than the $153 to the city, so that it doesn't go on my permanent record.
The WSP has been intentionally gearing up for speeders and DUI in the Seattle area. I guess the State is trying hard to balance its budget you know. But watch out and do the backroads. On Saturday I saw over FIFTEEN car/bikes being pulled over within a 2 mile stretch on 520. It is completely a scare tactic and a revenue generation practice.

You see, my neighbor's bike got stolen (posted on the NW regional board) and the cops just told him to claim his insurance, while we have 1) the theft on CC camera tape and 2) tons of fingerprints on a broken piece of windshield. They wouldn't even look at it. What are those people for?! IMO, they have no moral right to enforce any laws.

FIGHT THE TICKET. I am sure the Mucklestones' phones are ringing off the hook. Just be careful out there, avoid the bobbies.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're right - Mucklestone must be swamped right now. Not hard for cops to make money off speeders when they need to - I am always in lines of traffic doing 75-80 on the freeway.

I hate the state of the law where it is just too much hassle for cops to solve crimes even where the evidence is laid out in front of them. It is all about cost now - costs too much to chase them up, go to court and prosecute. Costs nothing to sit at the side of the road and write up a speeder, and makes lots of money for them. Insurance is not the antidote to crime. Guess everyone has to manage a budget these days, but sucks to see cops walk away from crimes that could be solved with a little effort. And the guy who stole your friend's bike will go on and on....

<end of rant>

ps. I have very poor experinces with cops doing even the basic work when there is no criminal already sitting in their cells with a confession...

·
Registered
852 Posts
Once I was almost murdered and no cop would help. I have almost nothing good to say about them.

I think their priorities are all screwed-up. They "protect and serve" 1) the government 2) the insurance companies and 3) their own power so they can be above all.

That said, there are good cops out there, I still keep my hope, but I haven't met that many. That one that gave me a thumb up on my Monster was certainly not bad. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a similar experience with attempted murder - a stabbing in London - but the cops over there were absolutely useless. After a few days of initial interest, new cases came up and it did not seem easy to solve from the evidence they had, so they ignored the case completely.

I try to believe that they are not all that bad....

A

·
0 Posts
I got pulled over after turning left when a high school kid was in the crosswalk. The cop was nice about it but the kid was out of the lane I was turning into and I have never heard of a law like that. I went to driver's training school last year and believe me..I KNOW THE LAWS!! Even though he was nice, it was just B.S. meant to slow me down. It's really hard to break the law on a 620! I was lucky and got a written warning. ::)

·
Registered
827 Posts
That's to bad. :'(

Here in michigan the posted speed limit on the freeway is 70 and you can pretty much get away with 80 cuz that's what most of the cars do. As long as your not blowing by cars your usually okay. ;D

W

·
0 Posts
I hate the state of the law where it is just too much hassle for cops to solve crimes even where the evidence is laid out in front of them. It is all about cost now - costs too much to chase them up, go to court and prosecute. Costs nothing to sit at the side of the road and write up a speeder, and makes lots of money for them. Insurance is not the antidote to crime. Guess everyone has to manage a budget these days, but sucks to see cops walk away from crimes that could be solved with a little effort. And the guy who stole your friend's bike will go on and on....
Kind of remindes me of this time when a buddy and I witnessed this robery and shooting (the guy was ok) at a gas station... when the cops showed up, we told them the story and discribed car they were in and the response was "we'll figure things out, just go on your way."

U

·
0 Posts
Got my first ticket last Sunday. Got lucky (??) in that the cop was the only female motorcycle rider in the county...still got a ticket, but instead of 72 in a 35, she wrote it for 50 in a 35. And told me where and when to go if I wanted to speed that weren't patrolled.

A

·
0 Posts
Here in michigan the posted speed limit on the freeway is 70
I always hate going back to Michigan! It's SO SLOW there(the people too!).

AZ is in the process of increasing the speed to 80. Can't wait!

·
Registered
852 Posts
This is awesome. I just got pulled over for doing 30 at 30. ??? The bobbie asked why I was going so slow, "were you drinking?", "are you carrying drugs?", "do you own this bike?". What the heck?! It's insane!!! :mad:

·
Registered
274 Posts
This is awesome. I just got pulled over for doing 30 at 30. The bobbie asked why I was going so slow, "were you drinking?", "are you carrying drugs?", "do you own this bike?". What the heck?! It's insane!!!
WHAT?!!?! I don't get it, he just expected you to speed and the fact that you weren't is suspicious?

·
Registered
852 Posts
WHAT?!!?! I don't get it, he just expected you to speed and the fact that you weren't is suspicious?
Apparently. I have no idea. Or maybe I was dressed in all Italian leather and I was riding an Italian bike and I looked like an Asian and somehow have a British accent? I have no clue.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts