Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
let me start by saying, "i *love* my new bike!!" it's got plenty o' power, handles like a dream, it's damned comfy, and it looks great. i almost wish i had bought a used one so that i wouldn't have to wait through the break-in period. that being said:

the heel (hell) guards have got to go. they seem designed to intentionally catch my boots when i'm picking up my feet.

i think i got my first wheel hop rapidly downshifting for a light. not as distressing as i thought it would be.

the clutch sounds wonderful. . . i just need to open it up to let it breathe and be heard.

now, to get through this break-in so that i can really open it up. :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good luck with the new bike. The 1000 is sweet. I recently had my 600 mi. service done on mine (it's been tough finding enough fair weather to do any riding this year). I did a few mods before hand but added my CF Sils from MotoStrano just before I took it in, had Jeff Nash at Advanced Motorsports add a DP open air box/filter, then had it dyno-tuned at the service. I had one helluva Monster returned to me! What mods are you planning? ::)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What mods are you planning? ::)
i'm going to start out small with the mods, mostly taking stuff off: heel guards, side panels, the whole license plate thingy, probably the hugger as well. i got cyclecat sliders installed on the bike before i ever picked it up. next thing i buy for the bike will probably be either a yoyodyne slave or a clutch cover.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If yours acts anything like mine, all I can say is, wait till you hit 1000-1200 miles. For me, it was like someone flipped a switch, and the thing just turned into an animal. Maybe I just grew a set of balls, but it sure seemed more powerful...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Please dont hesitate to let us know if u need any help to break-in the bike for ya ;).
How r those mirrors workin out for ya?

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
For my M1000

1) Ditto the heel guards really suck and twang annoyingly everytime I catch them.

2) Ditto the first service, they changed the oil visocity and adjusted the fuelling and now it feels like a new bike.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I agree about the heel guards. I took them off when I got the low-pipes. Opening up the clutch cover is my next assignment. I got the CGG mirrors and can't be happier. Way better than the Mickey ears.

For my M1000

1) Ditto the heel guards really suck and twang annoyingly everytime I catch them.

2) Ditto the first service, they changed the oil visocity and adjusted the fuelling and now it feels like a new bike.
Hey mihama01 -
How much do they charge for a 600mile (1000km) tune-up in Japan?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Ditto:

New M1000 here too. 300 miles on mine, so I have no idea what she will do above 5.5k rpm. I've adjusted to the heel-catch thing on the exhaust guards...I just go a bit wider with my leg when going on/off pegs.

Frustrating mirrors as mine (04) are *just* out of range. If they were about 1" higher and stuck out about 1" wider, they'd be fine. I guess I'll go CRG at some point here.

Yeah, I'm gonna hafta shop for pipes. I do want to hear the twin rumble instead of the stock sewing machine sound...just not sure I want to spend major $$$ just for sound....

This is too much fun...the handling difference moving up from a Japanese bike is just stunning; Whee!

--Breaker Inner Tom--

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Jiro,

Here in Japan the first service is free for labour, but they made it up by charged me US$130 for engine oil.

The oil itself was about the price of a complete service for my previous bike including labour and parts.

Other than that all is happy, spring is finally here and I got to get out of Tokyo on business yesterday. Took the bike of course.

·
Registered
600 Posts
mihama01,
Spring? Isn't it still cold this time of year in Tokyo? I'm so used to California weather now I can't even imagine riding in Tokyo in February. Hope you had fun though!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts