Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it was sunny and 65 deg today, and I was stuck in the office for the entirety of it all. I must have seen a hundred bikes while driving to and from work. Drove me nutz!!!

So, I finished up at the office and called the wife to say I'd be late and headed up to the only bike shop open on Mondays around here (Cycle Barn). It's about 30 miles from me, plus the afternoon rush hour traffic. Small price to pay though. Picked up the last few bits I needed.

Got home, and some wonderful grub, grabbed a beer and set to work. At about 11:45pm, I filled the oil, fired her up and went for a ride. 8) 45 minutes of pure, freezing, wheelie popping fun. I can't wait until tomorrow morning. ;D

One thing. I installed a MotoWheels clutch basket and Barnett clutch. The site says that it's "quieter" than stock. HA! It's completely silent. It's a very weird, yet intriguing feeling watching the clutch spin and not hear it.... ;)

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: First ride of Spring!

Argh!!! Woke up this morning...and it's raining. :mad:

H

·
0 Posts
You say the clutch is silent? I want one! BTW, did you gut your cans like you were planning? I was wondering if you did, and if so, how it sounds, now.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
... traditionally, the dry clutches were installed on race bikes b/c it got rid of all the fluid motion inertia that the wet clutch bikes have. Wet clutch bikes are smoother but in a race situation, that's not even on the list of concerns. Nowadays though, tech has gotten so good that dry clutches can be used on street bikes. you get the race-like transmission with the dry clutch and don't have to worry about servicing it a lot nowadays.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts