Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally have all my ducs in a row and got to take the Monster out last night for the first real ride. Definitely takes a little getting used to, my M900 is probably the most high performance bike I've ever rode up to this time so I'm still getting the hang of it and riding like a granny.... :) Cruised around town for a while until dusk and headed down to The Front to see if any of my co-workers from Ground Zero were there. Really dead night, no one was there aside from the bartender and general manager. Hung around for a while longer and decided to boot since it was empty. Rode over to a friend's place in uptown and of course she wanted a ride on my big sexy Monster. Still have the rear cover on so it wasn't going to happen, plus I need to get a better feel for the bike before I have someone riding b!tch. Rode home and parked it in back of the building, in front of my Jeep. Fired it back up this morning to head into work on. She really doesn't like the cold weather. Let it idle for about 5 minutes and took off towards work. Ended up killing it at lights about half a dozen times since I had the choke set too low and couldn't blip the throttle quick enough to keep it from dying. Finally made it into work and hesitantly parked it in the motorcycle parking area. Although there's no good place to lock the bike to at least there's steel pillars around it to keep stupid drivers from knocking it over. After work I'm heading down to Motoprimo to pick up some more gear and then Dwain and I are heading to First Ave for the KMFDM show. He was talking about demo'ing a 916 from the shop to ride tonight since he's feeling seperation anxiety. Also have to work tonight after the show and Dwain's going to come down to the club as well. So if anyone is up and about tonight my red '96 Monster M900 will be parked in front of Ground Zero from 10 pm on. If you wanna swing in and say "hi" I'll be working the door until 11:30 or so, just tell me who you are and I can probably sneak ya in. Needless to say I'm stoked about finally getting to ride my bike! Cheers,
Hanns

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
that must have been you I saw last night. Turning from Hennepin on to 4th around 8:30 or so. Black jacket, right?
I live 2 blocks from GZ. Maybe I will stop in for a cocktail after class. Oh yeah, and I need a good flogging. I will be sure to wear my leathers so I fit in!
Hey have fun at First Ave. should be a kool show.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, that was me. Are you sure you weren't hanging out at Boom? I've heard you can pick up guys there for anonymous butt romping. Weren't you the guy outside in the pink shirt drinking a glass of Merlot, smoking a filtered clove cigarette and reading Men's Manicure Monthly? You can fess up to it. There's no shame in being a girly-man...... ::)

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I was doing that 2 nights ago, so last night it wasnt me. Funny that you bring up gay bars. I was watching south park last night and they were ripping on queer eye for the straight guy. All the males in south park became metro-sexuals and started hanging at the local gay bar. Mr Garrison and mr slave were so excited to have so many people to choose from. Garrison goes up to Stan's dad and asks him if he wants to go to the bathroom to get a hand job. too funny.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you hitting on me......? Right, right you have all those magazines full of naked men at home because you're into sports and fitness. And you like watching men's diving (esp. Greg Looseanus) for the skill and grace involved. ;)

I do have to admit loving South Park though. I'm too cheap to get upgraded cable or buy the episodes so I download them from the net. My two favorite episodes are "Proper Condom Use" and "Crips Capers". I can watch those over and over. Nothing like Christopher Reeves eating a fetus on Larry King Live to liven up the night. One of these days I'll spend the money and get them on DVD so I can enjoy all the Mr. Hanky goodness. Cheers,
Hanns

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Hanns- I drove by at 9:30 but there were no bikes there. I know you said 1000. I decided to go to Boom so I could get a bj in the bathroom from one of the bar sluts.
Actually I went home ate some pizza, smoked a bowl and went to bed. Maybe next week- well assuming it isnt 20 below by then!
that was actually supposed to say SLLUT, but the filter dint like it mon.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, the reason you didn't see it out there at 9:30 pm is because I was parked in front of Chipolte getting a big ass burrito for dinner. If you would have waited 10 minutes you'd have seen my bike out there. Just to show me up Dwain brought down a damn sexy red and white 948. It was pretty amusing later as a group of Hell's Angels came down and were eyeing up the Ducs. One of the guys with a Buell said that he's regretted not getting a Ducati since he bought his bike. Another fine evening at Ground Zero with a news team from Fox 9 doing a story about blood drinkers and vampires. Sheesh, at least the freaks aren't vultures like reporters. Anyway, it was one of those nights where you see a Hell's Angel in colors standing at the bar next to a cross dresser and you realize that it's probably the only bar in existence where the H.A. isn't beating the cr*p outta the guy in a dress just for standing next to him. Gotta love the freaky mellow vibe not to mention the girls in skimpy dresses. If the weather stays nice I'm going to get some more riding time in later tomorrow afternoon and maybe all day Sunday. If anyone wants to reach me for a last minute ride, give me a holler at the Crackhead Crisis Hotline aka (612) 267-1120. Cheers,
Hanns

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, took the Duc out for a quick spin on Saturday and ended up damn near freezing. I like the cold weather and can handle it well but the partially vented riding gloves and helmet without a faceplate didn't help too much. Hopefully it will warm up a bit this week so I can take her out for one last spin, give it a good washing and then park her for the winter. I was talking to the building repair guy at my apartment while working on my Jeep this Saturday and he was admiring the Duc. I need to take some pics before I store her for the winter, problem is it's getting dark before I get home from work now with this stupid daylight savings time. Anyway, just wondering if everyone else is gearing up to store their bikes for the winter or waiting for that one last day to take it for a spin. Cheers,
Hanns

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I did not know Minny had a "Red Light District"....... I am going to have to visit ;D

R

·
0 Posts
Anyway, just wondering if everyone else is gearing up to store their bikes for the winter or waiting for that one last day to take it for a spin. Cheers,

·
Registered
418 Posts
DON'T LEAVE ME!!!! Who's going to shop for my bike with me??

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Why dont you just move down with me? You can get so much more house for your money there. Plus, the ocean is only a few hours away!

R

·
0 Posts
okay Kim ya can't just say, er well I mean you can of course just say it but.....whadya mean we have a reputation outside of the boards?
a rep for what...... I hope it is for narcisstic hedonism at least....

·
Registered
418 Posts
Why dont you just move down with me? You can get so much more house for your money there. Plus, the ocean is only a few hours away!
I would love to!! But I have a year left of school, so would need get through that first so that I could start my own business down there. What area are you going to? I would like to be close to Austin.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
we are moving to Austin, so you are in luck! here check this out. this is the house I want
4 bed, 2.5 bath, 2 car garage, 2272 sq. feet. guess how much it is...

·
Registered
418 Posts
Do the kids and the dog come with it??

1 - 20 of 27 Posts