Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been here in Iraq with the 101st Abn Div since March and have decided to get a Monster...probably the 620ie so the wife can ride it, too.

The only problem is my nearest dealers are in either Dallas or Tulsa...and my home is in Little Rock, AR. Does anyone out there have references on these dealers? Atlas Cycles is in Tulsa and darn if I have already forgotten the dealer in TX (my notes are in my DCU shirt back in the tent).

Finally, the local server here in Baghdad filters out the Ducati site as it is considered to be in the "vehicles" category and thus I have no idea what the new 2004 models look like.

What does the "Matrix" version look like in relation to the standard 2003 620ie model?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Tom,

No info for you, but wanted to welcome you to the board! You are gonna love your duc when you get it!

scooby ;D

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
hey Tom- welcome. or as the iraqis say your camel is my camel. I have not heard of the matrix model- other than Toyota or the movie. Monsters are still nice. I really think it will be hard for Ducati to change the design and screw it up. Just get it. You wont regret it. Look at the pretty pictures that are out in the member bike section. No two look alike (except the ones that are still stock)
Hope you get out of there soon!

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Hi Tom, Welcome to the DML. I got to do Iraq the first time around and I don't envy you one bit. Be safe, come home soon.

The Matrix 620 seems to have the same mechanical features as the regular `04 620i.e. (which is much improved this year), but it painted the same "Japanese beatle green" as the Matrix 998 and it looks to have some of the Matrix vertical characters on the tank.

I stuck a couple of pictures from the Milan show on my web site, so hopefully they won't get filtered.
http://www.pasta-rocket.com/images/matrix620_1.jpg
http://www.pasta-rocket.com/images/matrix620_2.jpg

Advanced Motorsports (AMS) is just outside of Fort Worth in Alvarado, TX. They are considered to be one of the best Ducati dealerships in the US.

If it'll sneak past your filters, the URL is:
http://www.advancedmotorsports.com/

Take care,
--Fillmore

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I bought my bike frim EUROSPORT in Ft. Worth Texas, and they were great. I didn't dig the service there though..they botched my 600 mile service. In between Ft. Worth and Dallas there is a place called AMS

http://www.advancedmotorsports.com/

Now I took my bike there to be "un screwed up" and it came back in PERFECT order. They sell bikes new and used and I'd buy from them before anyone else. They have a GREAT reputation in that part of the country.

In Dallas proper there are 2 Ducati dealerships I would NOT mess with. They were snobs to me when I went in a few years ago. A co-worker however bought an SS there and was happy as a pig in poo'. So take it how you want.

This is the GROUP page for the Dallas/Ft.Worth ducati club, I'm sure they could help you as well.

http://groups.msn.com/DFWDucatiDOC/

So to recap. I'd check with AMS first, because the service there is ULTRA good. I'm sure their bikes are priced the same as anyone else. They were VERY nice to me, and made my bike run awesome. If that doesn't work Eurosport in Ft. Worth was a great place to buy a bike.

GOOD LUCK and stay safe Brutha!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Thanks for doing your job and protecting all the freedoms we enjoy, while trying to bring it to people who don't understand what they are receiving.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Head Tomcat- Wher are you in Iraq? I will be there Monday the 6-10 Oct in Baghdad then 10-12 somewhere else. I'll bring you some Monster Paraphanelia if I can get to you. Are you attached to 101st or are you actually from Ft. Campbell? There is a Duc Dealer I believe in Nashville, If you are going back that way. I was in 2/327INF '99-'01. Anyway, let me know what's up, I'll head down to the dealer and scoop up some stuff. God Speed!
Buz.
(Back and forth, to and from Iraq)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Buz,

I commanded the 431st CA Bn (USAR) and just finished the command on 23 Sep after 2 1/2 years. We support the 101st with Civil Affairs functions. Right now I am sitting in the CJTF-7 C9 HQ near the Baghdad International Airport. Sometime in the next week or so after I get caught up on sleep and food, I will be moving into CPA HQ down at the Palace.

We "crossed the berm" into Iraq on 19 Mar and fought our way all the way up to Mosul, in the northern part of the country. We have been there since the last week of April.

Glad to hear you were with the 327 IN...they and my unit were the ones on the HVT #2/3 attack this past 22 July. They are with the BCT which controls the town of Mosul itself. Excellent troops to say the least...but like the rest of us are getting pretty exhausted. March 04 cannot come soon enough!

When you know more specific flight info, send me a msg and I will try to grab a HUMMWV or NTV and run out to the passenger terminal.

The Head Tom

·
Registered
835 Posts
Hey Tom, keep your head down and your chin up... let all the troops know that the heartland of this country is 100% behind them (I'm sure they've felt us there ;D). We here in the States are proud of you brave guys and gals. Keep up the good work, stay safe. Hurry home!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Tomcat- I will get back with you on some times, right now looks like I will arrive in Kuwait City, then grab a 130 into Baghdad sometime on the 6th or the 7th.
Buz.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I can recommend the shop in Tulsa. I've bought a few items from them and my old man bought a 02 BMW R1150R from them. Nice folks who know bikes. The owner has a pretty extensive personal collection of vintage and freak bikes.

As for the Dallas area, AMS all the way.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Tom Cat- I'm in Kuwait City today, not real sure where I'm going tomorrow. If you're out there IM me so we can maybe link up. If not, if you are in DC give me a yell or maybe my next trip next month we can link up.
Buz.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts