Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
My '03 M800 came with nice brassed hex screws on the cover. I just ordered my DML plate a couple days ago, should look great once it's on. I'm semi-inspired by MonsterHooligan's painted version, I may just have to copy that...

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what's with the S---T----R----E---T----C----H----E----D windows?

i have the flying D on my engine case.
what stretched windows?
(grumble...alternative browser..grumble)

Flying D sucks....DML logo rules. [smiley=cheeky.gif]

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
most excellent. a little splash of color really does the
trick.

R

·
0 Posts
I got mine today. I probably won't get to put it on until next week. I have am leaving to CMP for the first shoot of the year. If I get any time this week, I will be packing up the camera gear.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Nunez wasnt happy with the stock part, and modded that sucka.
cool,eh?
I want one like that.......
Any chance of getting you to mod one more? ???

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks for the compliments.... The silver cover comes in almost a satin silver finish.... not quite close to the clear anodizing the rest of my billet aluminum has. I sanded the anodizing off.... then polished the whole thing. I used a little model paint for the black and red then a quick coat of clear. The process isn't too difficult, just a little time consuming. Word of caution.. it takes a real steady hand to not screw it up!!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
You can get some liquid mask at any hoby store. Just paint the liquid mask on the entire part, then use an X-acto to cut out the various areas (should be easy since the area you would cut into has already been machined down).

I'm thinking it would work awesome, you could even rattle can it.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
yo yo yo..
another member "humungus" gave me this Black DML Crankshaft Cover....

I saw the mod MonsterHooligan made to his silver cover...
Well...I could not resist..it looked so sweet, I had to go to the store and get me some testors paint in the Italian Colors.

This is what I did with the Black version of the crankshaft cover... after a painted it I sprayed it with clearcoat to prevent any future chipping that might happen...

Actually the project was so fun, that I would not mind paintin it again!

Hats off to MonsterHooligan for doin it in the first place!

later

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
hmmm, after lookin...i see it was Nunez that did the mod to the silver one! ooooops....Monsterhooligan posted it...DOH!

well..hats off to Nunez for doin it in the first place...

L8

1 - 20 of 25 Posts