Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the last set of Scorpions from CA-Cycleworks. Got 'em in 2 days! Thanks, Chris. What a deal!

Install was pretty easy as previously described by other members. It took me longer to figure out the mounts and a while to get them even. Just fired them up and was a little surprised. They are louder than expected but I don't have anything to compare them to. My non-rider wife said they are awful so they probably sound great. I do like the bass tone.

DucGasm, Come by when the weather clears and let's compare them to your Leos.

D

·
0 Posts
Those look sharp. I hope they aren't going to be too hard to keep clean.

I really like the way the low mounts let you see the carbon fiber hugger.

This rain sux. I dopped my bike off at the shop this morning, but should be ready be this weekend. I'm planning on being on the bike all weekend, so we'll have to ride.

BTW, thanks for the heads up on the battery exchange.

M

·
0 Posts
Those look great!!
They would look even better if you scrap the emissions crap!!

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got warranty until late June. Don't want to fool with it too much.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: Rode about 50 miles today. Loud but sweet! Showed them to an ST4 rider and a 748 rider. They both thought they had a wonderful sound but loud than their Termignonis and Feraccis. Still want to compare with DucGasms Leos. Either way, they are keepers! They give the bike a whole new personality. ;D

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
They look great!
These look a lot like the Microns I installed on my S4. The difference is no hanger strap. And I also removed the badges. Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges. Though I think both yours and mine extend too far back. Note the two inches where the carbon heat shield covers the pipe and not the can. It's a minor thing but it bugs me. But Oh they do sound so much better than stock.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments. I had not noticed the heel guard issue. I considered not putting them back. I may reconsider and pull them.

I've really had mixed feelings about the decals. They have a little red line that picks up the color of the wheels. Also, I think a clean stainless can would look great. There are these cool engraved Scorpions on the outlet caps.

I've ridden about 300 miles since installation and I really like these pipes. Thanks to Chris and CA-Cycleworks, I got one of the best buys on a quality product since I've been riding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts