Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my 8th bike and first Duc. 2004 Monster S4R. 4 days and 450 miles. Should be ready for my first service tomorrow.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congratulations! Your first Duc!...believe me, it's only the beginning. Enjoy and ride safe. You're going to love this board. There is tons of great info. I'm taking my Monster in for it's 600 mile service tomorrow, too. Then the revs can start to creep up. can't wait........see ya.....going to go ride.............................

bayoubiker ;)

·
Registered
366 Posts
No creeping! Flog that beast. Need to show it who's boss ;D

·
Registered
73 Posts
You didn't break in your engine per the book??? I always do...whether it is necessary or not may be another issue. I'ld rather not take the chance. My Ducs are all smooth riding. I'm real obsessive about breaking in the the gears evenly and observing rpm restrictions....I may be right...I may be crazy...I just may be a lunatic

ps-the flogging comes later.....

·
Registered
413 Posts
Just bought my 8th bike and first Duc. 2004 Monster S4R. 4 days and 450 miles. Should be ready for my first service tomorrow.
Congratulations !! What were your other bikes ?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Congrats on the Purchase.. Ride safe...
And Welcome aboard..... ;D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome. I too, recently got an S4 after owning a cbr600. Hope you enjoy your new bike. Monsters are great fun.

--Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. My previous bikes were:
2002 Yamaha XV17 Warrior
1990 Suzuki GSX-R 1100
1999 Yamaha YZF - R1
1998 turbo charged Harley Road King
1987 Honda VFR 700
1986 BMW K75S
197? Honda something 250cc enduro

This bike is like the Porsche 911 of bikes. It might not be the fastest but it is a lot more fun than most.

·
Registered
5 Posts
congratulations on your new purchase. Like most I did not keep with the break in instructions for to long with mine. I take it easy when its necessary, ie. no hard accelaration up hill. But other than that I flog that thing like a retarded sea biscuit. And it loves me for it at the end of the day.

quack quack.

p.s has the mod bug bit you yet? It will and when it does don't fight it just go with it.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
You didn't break in your engine per the book??? I always do...whether it is necessary or not may be another issue. I'ld rather not take the chance. My Ducs are all smooth riding. I'm real obsessive about breaking in the the gears evenly and observing rpm restrictions....I may be right...I may be crazy...I just may be a lunatic

ps-the flogging comes later.....
I think he was just pulling your chain. When you drop that kind of money on a beautiful bike you force yourself to be patient...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts