Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uh... didn't we just have snow yesterday? I'm out getting a freaking TAN right now.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no plates on Duc right now... for some unknown reason, there's a problem with a Virginia legal resident who lives in Mass registering his bike in New Hampshire. Hmm.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
My bike's legal, but I was enjoying the temps today..... and looking at all the salty snowmelt on the roads.

Not gonna do it.

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Like you said man, even if the temps are fine, there's more salt and sand on the road than a dang beach. I dropped a few parts on my insurance last week, so it's a total loss if I fall-no thanks. That said, I'll wait till it's safe ;)

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Holy sh!t. I just went outside to feed the meter and I almost came back hypothermic. It's 26 degrees. 14 with the wind chill.
This is getting SO fu<king old. 2 months of riding weather and the rest is useless unless you're in a NASA space suit.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Patience, grasshopper.

All in the fullness of time ;)

I can see it coming. I think this was the last of the snow. A slow relentless warming will follow. Forecast calls for 55 on Wednesday! 8)

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Ahhh, master. But those 55 degree temps are to be accompanied by rain.
The pain. The agony. Please, spring, show yourself!

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I am continually surprised at the amount of people I see riding already! There were two bikes outside F1 on Sunday and I saw another 6-8 as the day progressed. Them fools is crazy!

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The only reason I'm not riding today is because I had to carry a bunch of crap to work and I'm not into the 30 mph winds. Other than that, the roads are fine... what's wrong with riding now?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
The sand mostly. It's been less than a week since the heavy sanding. Takes more than that for the cars to sweep it mostly aside. The street sweepers won't come out 'till all the snow is gone, even the plow piles.

As a couple of us were discussing Sunday, it's fine for the cruisers, they don't turn anyway! For those of us who "live to lean," the conditions rob most of the enjoyment.

Hey, have I just invented a new slogan?

"Live to Lean, Lean to Live"

Remember that next time Miles.... Lean ;D

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Funny conversation with my mom after the accident:

me: so i think i'll do a track day with my next bike to work on my skills
mom: going slower is a skill?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
[smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

That's classic! Mothers; gotta love 'em.

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Ok. They're saying 50+ today. I'm going home at lunch and picking up the bike. Imagine, it was only 2 days ago I wrote about hypothermia. New England is one strange place, but if you give me sun/warmth, I'll ride ;D
Anyone else on their bike today?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I took the long way to work today, by way of Beverly. Stopped in at Eastern Cycle for an inspection sticker. Got to work about 10:45.

I think this should be my new routine; ride for 2 or 3 hours every day before work ;D

They're sayin' 60's on Friday and probably dry [smiley=applause.gif]

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
There's no way in hell I'm going to work on Friday if it's 60. I'll be on my bike all day. I need a good dose of hooliganism to jump start me from this miserable winter.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
No Miles, it was a "heavy frost." ;D

It was nearly 9:00 when I left home and 35 degrees on my home thermometer. The frost was burned off the lawn except in the shade. I figured that with traffic on the roads, I'd be fine. I was. Not the slightest slip except for sand under the back wheel causing a little spin when I'd pull a little hard out of intersections.

I came across no fewer that three cops today who were sitting on the side looking for trouble makers. In every case, before I saw them I'd accelerated hard through first and second (shifting about 6k) and then backed off when I hit third so while I'd made a bunch of noise, I was only going about 10 over when I saw 'em. They all had their windows open ::) They all ignored me ;D

Either I'm using up a lot of the season's luck up early, or this is a good omen ;)

1 - 20 of 71 Posts