Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bike cost $5000.00 with 960 miles. It still has 4 months of warratny. I also bought a 3 year extended warrany for $950.00.

Does this sound like a good deal? The first owner was a 38 year old woman who bought the bike on a whim and almost never road it.

The bike looks great. The dealer did all of the maintenance.

What do you think? ;D

Thanks,

Tom.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Sounds awesome Tom; congrats! You have my bike! Here's what mine now looks like after a year... You got a great deal.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Tom,

CF Tank protector is from www.motostrano.com.

Fairing is CF from Ducati Proformance - got it on the net from a Cali dealer... Only so so in the wind protection...

CF cowl is from ebay or www.armordillo.com cheap good quality CF...

No the bag does not scratch the tank; it is well padded and very handy.

Have fun spending your $ on MODS!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MDarkside750: You can buy Ducati Corse tank protectors in real carbon fiber on eBay. I bought mine for $40.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i bought my 02 new for $2500 more not even a year ago, so the price is great!

Powerwise its a fun bike stock but responds well to mods (so far).
I've got TPO pods, slip ons and PCIII. The bike revs much quicker and the meaty midrange really pulls away from traffic. Its not a 'busa killer but keeps up with the 600s well.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everyone,

Thanks for making me feel that I got a good deal. Getting burned on something expensive, even if you love it, takes some of the fun away. I feel real good about it now. ;D

Scootyman,
What do you think of the corbin seat? How much and were did you get it?

Tom. 8).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts