Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just performed my first ducati timing belt change. With the help of the handy FAQ section at our very own DML, the job was completed in just under 30 minutes. Now I am definitly pumped up about doing the valve adjustment myself. I've always been a mechanical person (mostly with cars), but there's just something that's daunting about tinkering with a Ducati. But after the belt change, this feeling is changing.

And all of this is made possible by the powers of the amazing DML (and chris ar ca-cycleworks ;) ).

G

·
If you have done mechanical work with cars, I say go for doing your own valves [thumbsup]

If you are familiar with turning a wrench, it's not that hard, just time consuming. Write everything down, again: write everything down CLEARLY LABELED, so you can double check or triple check if you get confused. I thought the hardest part of doing the valves was getting to the vertical cylinder's intake valve. Just getting all the crap outta the way was time consuming.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
This is something I really want to observe and then try with supervision............but it still makes me nervous [laugh]

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
BMiller said:
This is something I really want to observe and then try with supervision............but it still makes me nervous [laugh]
Not sure who all lives in SC, but I'm sure you've got at least some good Ducatisti around you to help out!

You should try to put together a 'Ducati Maintenance Day' like we had here in Houston some time ago [thumbsup]

Only takes one person to do all the planning and a bunch of interested folks to come and hang out and help supervise/advise/wrench (helps to have a very very awesome local wrench shop that was totally unrelated to Ducatis and just wanted to help out, that will open their doors and tools exclusively for you on one day too ;)), the main point being that every person works on their OWN bikes so that they can learn more about their own rides :)

Can check out pics here of the one we had ;D

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
BMiller said:
+1 I would like to do my own, but would want an exprienced hand there with me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts