Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know anything about this track? Good, bad, indifferent? My trackdays at the end of the month w/ CSS were switched from Arizona Motorsports Park (which I was really looking forward to, supposed to be sweet, but they've been closed down) to Firebird. I figure it's still going to be sunny and warm, which will be a welcome change from NYC, but would appreciate any feedback.

TIA!! :)

S

·
0 Posts
Been there! As a former racer from 1984-1988, Heavy weight Super bike, and then again 1996-99 Supertwins (916) This track has 14 turns an about 1.8 miles, the strait away is also the Drag strip and is about 1/8th mile long. Turn 14 empties on to the strait away right on the Rubber burnout patch aka The Tower turn and is slippery and when wet? look out. turn 3-4 is the carusel and home of the Cement Trans- am barrier this is a semi fast section coming off off of a fast 1 +2( turn #1 is Very fast. the enfield section is nice. Gravel run offs. Some Pros consider this track to dangerous for Bikes, and Keith code said he wouldnt go back, as did many others. For Club level racing Firebird is a nice place. there are some FAST locals there. Now if they run on the Bondurant short cource this is where your Ducati will show its stuff It is a Tight 1.1 mile track with ELEVEN turns Wow! I have seen a 750 Ss hold off a Big Honda 900Rr for 10 laps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts