Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent all winter on these mods, along with some help from a mechanic. The rear sprocket is a 42T, I kept the front sprocket.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Nice bike,

the mix of gold/cf and black is actually awesome. I can see some Rizoma bits and they are just perfect, at first glance, you gotta know Ducatis to know this is a modded Monster.

Congrats, winter kept you awake...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Very Nice!!! But with a 42t sprocket how do you keep the front on the ground?
I have two more things to get and I'll be finished with my mods.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nice, I like the Rizoma indicator lights. Which Tail Chop have you used? Was it easy to instal yourself?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Very cool Swankdaddy, really like the rear sprocket upgrade. What brand did you go for? as I have struggled to find a decent one (looking for a 41T) at a competitive price

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice, I like the Rizoma indicator lights. Which Tail Chop have you used? Was it easy to instal yourself?
It's a Rizoma tail chop (fender eliminator). Tucking all the wires below the plate and getting it screwed back on required a buddy for a second set of hands, but overall it wasn't bad at all.

The Rizoma turn signals are very bright (and compact), they are one of my favorite parts.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very cool Swankdaddy, really like the rear sprocket upgrade. What brand did you go for? as I have struggled to find a decent one (looking for a 41T) at a competitive price
It's a Yoyodyne lightweight sprocket and DP carrier. I originally ordered a DP sprocket, but it was back-ordered and never came in so I cancelled the order. I like dealing with Commonwealth Motorcycles in Kentucky.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It's a Rizoma tail chop (fender eliminator). Tucking all the wires below the plate and getting it screwed back on required a buddy for a second set of hands, but overall it wasn't bad at all.

The Rizoma turn signals are very bright (and compact), they are one of my favorite parts.
can you make a pic with a flashing indicator light just wonder how bright they are as i want to do this mod aswell ..also wondering how you covered the holes which are there when you replace the orginal indicators..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
can you make a pic with a flashing indicator light just wonder how bright they are as i want to do this mod aswell ..also wondering how you covered the holes which are there when you replace the orginal indicators..
I'm guessing that the brightness of a pic will be very dependent on the exposure of the camera. In other words, it may be pretty hard to gauge from a picture. I will try it when I get a chance.

With that said, they are VERY bright compared to stock lights. I had read people make that comment before I bought them, and my thought was "how bright could they really be?". Now I know that people were not overstating it. I've ridden behind my bike while a friend was riding it, and they are very noticeable which is rare to say about motorcycle turn signals. I would recommend them on safety alone.

In the rear, there was no need to cover the holes because I simultaneously installed in the rizoma fender eliminator. In the front, I used the small black plastic oblong dics that they provided to cover the holes. The lights butted up to these discs. The discs butted up to the metal headlight surround.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I know this is a long time quiet post, but figured you would be a good person to ask. I am about to do a Ducati Performance kit tail chop on my 1100S and thought I'd add Rizoma indicators to it. Presumably you didn't have to add a spacer at the rear, did you add one at the front, to increase the distance between the left and right indicators?

I know the next bit is very subjective. You have gone for the gold indicators on the front, as they match both your forks and new headlight surround. I have a red tank / red frame Monster, with stock headlight. What colour do you think would look best on the front indicators? Black to match the headlight surround, gold to match the forks or red to match the frame? I know this is very much personal choice, but you have the advantage of seeing where they sit against the bike. Personally I am erring on the side of black to keep things simple.

Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know this is a long time quiet post, but figured you would be a good person to ask. I am about to do a Ducati Performance kit tail chop on my 1100S and thought I'd add Rizoma indicators to it. Presumably you didn't have to add a spacer at the rear, did you add one at the front, to increase the distance between the left and right indicators?

I know the next bit is very subjective. You have gone for the gold indicators on the front, as they match both your forks and new headlight surround. I have a red tank / red frame Monster, with stock headlight. What colour do you think would look best on the front indicators? Black to match the headlight surround, gold to match the forks or red to match the frame? I know this is very much personal choice, but you have the advantage of seeing where they sit against the bike. Personally I am erring on the side of black to keep things simple.

Thanks
I didn't bother adding a spacer in the front. It didn't seem like a big enough issue to me, but it's not a bad idea by any means.

I tend to agree with you on the black to keep things simple. I almost went black, but was a sucker for the gold in the end. In your case, I would only go gold if you have a few other gold accent to go along with the mostly red and black. I think red would definitely work, in my opinion, if the headlight surround is black then the red will play off of that. I actually ordered my lights to play off of other accents and then decided to powder coat the headlight surround after the fact.

The damper is fine. It doesn't rub on anything. It does make it harder to turn the key. I had a wobble once, and knew I would feel more comfortable with it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks. I've decided to go black as one of my motives is to make the indicators as discreet as possible. At the moment they stick out and look odd. I think the black will be the most unobtrusive.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like the fact that the little one inch "stalk" of the indicator is black, so that it breaks up the gold from the surround to the lights or from the forks to the lights.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts