Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Florida Ducati Clubs

Absolutly the most knowledgeable person in Florida on clubs would be Vicki Smith at 954-764-3847. She is the national liasion for all Ducati Clubs in the US for the factory in Italy.....she would know where to send you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm completely new to the scene. Been riding Jap bikes my whole life....always ALWAYS wanted a Duck. Finally bought one. Don't ask me what took me so long.

Now that I'm here, is there anything going on at all in Florida??????

Thanks,

Tom

Just racism. Do you always use derogatory terms when referring to ethnic cultures? Tool

AZDuc

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, anyone active on this forum in the NM area? I've been over to PJs, didn't know they organized rides until very recently, I'll have to ask them if they got one coming up, but I'd like to contact someone on here too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
new guy needs help

I know I should probably post this somewhere else but I'm kinda new to forums as well as Ducati. I ran across a nice looking 2001 Monster 969? I know a bit about the big 4 but nothing about this bike. I love the way it looks as well as sounds and am interested in buying it I just don't know what to look for. is Ducati a brand more prone to costly repair? is there something about this model I need to watch for? this would be my first V twin bike my last was a FZ6 Yam. any thoughts or help would be great. oh and the dealership is asking 5k for it with 9k miles on it. Thanks and sorry again if this wasent the correct place to post.

·
Super Moderator
3,915 Posts
I know I should probably post this somewhere else but I'm kinda new to forums as well as Ducati. I ran across a nice looking 2001 Monster 969? I know a bit about the big 4 but nothing about this bike. I love the way it looks as well as sounds and am interested in buying it I just don't know what to look for. is Ducati a brand more prone to costly repair? is there something about this model I need to watch for? this would be my first V twin bike my last was a FZ6 Yam. any thoughts or help would be great. oh and the dealership is asking 5k for it with 9k miles on it. Thanks and sorry again if this wasent the correct place to post.
It isn't really the correct place to post this question. New Member Introductions, or a new thread in General Monster Forum below is better.

I have had my Monster since the model was created 18 years ago, and I love it. However, I have never heard of a Monster 969. I would ask if you mean a 696, which is a real model of Monster, but is one of the new ones, not made back in 2001. So I guess the first thing you should find out is what model and year it really is. That will be important info to asnwer your question as to whether it's a decent price for it.

After that, the next issue is to make sure the maintenance has been done. Even though it only has 9000 miles, if it's a 2001, the cambelts will need to be changed due to age if they haven't been within the last couple of years, and that's $200-300. Tires, hoses and seals, all the usual stuff you would check for any bike that hasn't been used enough.

The only thing that makes a Ducati harder to maintain than any other bike is the valvetrain design, which runs much closer tolerances and must be checked more often. Ducati parts also tend to be a bit on the high side and often involve waiting for them to arrive from Italy.

It's a fantastic all-around bike, fun, practical, and durable.

PhilB

·
Registered
18 Posts
Are you freakin serious!?! Pull your head out of your butt.

Totally serious. Of course I wouldn't expect any sort of other response from someone who lives below the Mason Dixon Line........REDNECK!

Oh you don't like being slammed for your geographical location. The same goes for using ethnic slurs because of someones heritage. Tool.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Politicly Correct Idiocy

So by the same token,calling some one a Brit or a Canuck would be derogatory? I don't know or care what color your skin is but it sure is thin!
Tool.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Totally serious. Of course I wouldn't expect any sort of other response from someone who lives below the Mason Dixon Line........REDNECK!

Oh you don't like being slammed for your geographical location. The same goes for using ethnic slurs because of someones heritage. Tool.

Did you really just take 6 mos to draft up that response?! That post you responded to was from Aug 2011!! :p

You probably have to be one of those people that has to get the last word. You win so let's move on... Anyone from NEPA?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've put the word out a couple of times on her about my coast to coast solo tour. I am currently in Sarasota, Florida! Always down for a ride with locals, or for any Intel about good rides nearby. Keep up with me on my blog:

Http://dedreckoner.blogspot.com
dedreckoner.blogspot.com

81 - 95 of 95 Posts