Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While we can blather on endlessly on this board, sooner or later you want to ride with someone, or have a beer, or just take a look at another bike. So here are some tips:

Local Boards on the DML

General / Non-Geographic

Clubs Forum - General club info, and a place to find others wanting to start a club in your area
Monster Women

US - West

California
SoCal Monsters - Southern CA
Ducati MOB - San Francisco Bay Area
CCMHA - Central CA

Washington & Oregon
NorthWest

Arizona
AZDRA

New Mexico
NMMR

Colorado
RMMHA

US - Midwest
MADDOG - Minneapolis Area
DRILL - Illinois
OMHA - Ohio
www.desmohio.com - Ohio
Hoosier Hooligans - Indiana
DRIowa - Iowa
MCM - Motor City Monsters

US - South
THCM - Texas Hill Country
DFWM - Dallas / Ft. Worth
MCMC - Nashville
M-ROC - Carolinas
South Florida Ducati Brigade
Costal Ducati Club (Florida)

US - Northeast
SEPA - Southeast Pennsylvania
NEMHA - New England
NYMMC - New York
CAM DC / Virginia / Maryland

Canada
DDCM - Montreal
DOCTOR - Toronto

Australia
Oz Monsters

Asia
Rising Sun Ducatis (Japan)

If there are a group of you someplace that doesn't already have a section and you'd like your own place to hang out, arrange rides, call each other names, etc. then let me know and I can set it up.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
How about a NW PA section.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Monsterlover said:
How about a NW PA section.

Kevin
What about Western PA? Do you have some idea of how many folks would be in either a NW PA or W PA board? Would it make sense to combine with the Ohio group?

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
There are a bunch of guys in Pittsburgh area but they started their own club, Penndesmo. Combining with the OH group isn't the worst idea ive heard.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let me know if you think there'll be enough traffic, ride organization, etc. to make it worthwhile to set up a separate board for HI.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm completely new to the scene. Been riding Jap bikes my whole life....always ALWAYS wanted a Duck. Finally bought one. Don't ask me what took me so long.

Now that I'm here, is there anything going on at all in Florida??????

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
75 Posts
check out:
http://ducati.meetup.com/
there are three groups:
Tampa Bay, Deltona, and Orlando. The first two seem to have regular rides. As I keep a bike in Florida and go there on and off, I plan to try to participate a couple of times this winter. Also most BMW clubs welcome all makes of Euro riders. The two clubs I have participated in always have a few Triumphs, a KTM, and some Italian bikes. Keep the rubber down and the Carbon Fiber up.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Nahhhh,

I'll keep looking. Florida is a very long state. Those areas are at least 3.5 hours north of Miami. All highway riding too. Not so great.

I need to find something in Miami. Seeing that Miami is a major city, I can't believe there's not a club out of there.

Tom

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just for grins I checked the Ducati.com club finder:

http://www.ducati.com/ducatiworld/clubs/clubFinder.jsp

and the only thing in south FL is ducati.net, another 'virtual' club. You might want to check with Vicky Smith (veloce9[email protected]) the club prez. to see if she knows monster/duc folks in Miami. She's in Ft. Lauderdale.

But we have 14 folks in the Miami/Miami Beach/Coral Gables area in our member database, so post up here and see if you can get a quorum.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I just emailed her to see if any groups are riding each week. There is a very large Ducati dealer here. www.ducatimiami.com They have Brutale and MV's there too. There is usually a ride leaving from there every Sunday. I'm going to catch up with them this weekend and see what I can find out. I heard they even have monthly track days, have to check that out also.

Thanks Michael,

Tom

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Trackdays are great - just be aware they're highly addictive! ;)

·
Registered
726 Posts
Thumper, keep us posted on what you hear from the Lauderdale group. I'm about 45 minutes north of Ft. Lauderdale (Jupiter, FL) and would be interested if they do some rides or events in North Palm Beach county. Don't think there are any clubs in the Jupiter/Palm Beach area.

-Christian

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I'm emailing with Vicki right now. Fort Lauderdale Triumph is going to be carrying Ducati and we're going to try and set something up with the sales manager, Martyn.

Email me directly and I'll keep you posted.

Tom

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi people,

I just bought an S2R and im so in love with it. Grew up in Canada with a Harley riding father but never rode anything myself apart dirt bikes. Just wanted to say thanks for the great site. I love looking at all the tricked out bikes. Honestly though i love the clean looks of the SR series and i dont think ill change much yet apart a few carbon bits. Does anyone have any info on clubs in southern Spain? Would love to go to a track day or take a course somewhere. Thanks again.
[thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Anyone on here from Memphis? I've seen a couple of other bikes round but not many...

1 - 20 of 96 Posts