Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2012 Monster 1100 EVO & 2003 749 Superbike
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,
I'm wondering if anyone has a line on a stock rear fender/license plate holder for a 2012 Monster 1100 EVO. I bought my bike last year and the previous owner installed a fender eliminator. Yes, it looks amazing. But I'm tired of being covered in dirt and mud every time I ride out my dirt road in less-than-ideal conditions. I'm sure there were a ton of them on eBay back when the bike was new, but these days, I'm not finding anything. If anyone has one to sell or has a tip on where to buy one, I would be most grateful!

I love this motorcycle more than any bike I have ever owned, and I have owned quite a few. It feels like an extension of my body. But she really needs a fender!

Thanks!

Jonathan

· Registered
2012 Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
10 Posts
Hey Everyone,
I'm wondering if anyone has a line on a stock rear fender/license plate holder for a 2012 Monster 1100 EVO. I bought my bike last year and the previous owner installed a fender eliminator. Yes, it looks amazing. But I'm tired of being covered in dirt and mud every time I ride out my dirt road in less-than-ideal conditions. I'm sure there were a ton of them on eBay back when the bike was new, but these days, I'm not finding anything. If anyone has one to sell or has a tip on where to buy one, I would be most grateful!

I love this motorcycle more than any bike I have ever owned, and I have owned quite a few. It feels like an extension of my body. But she really needs a fender!

Thanks!

Jonathan
Wow I just threw mine away. I knew I should have held on to it...

· Registered
2012 Monster 1100 EVO & 2003 749 Superbike
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much for that find! I searched eBay yesterday and didn't find squat, but I think part of the problem is that I don't actually know what the heck the original looks like...and when you search eBay, it just floods you with aftermarket generic fenders. So I bought that piece. Hopefully the experts here can help me figure out what else I need. I'll post a picture of what is on the bike now. I definitely need some expert help. Is there anyone who would be able to post a good pic of the stock rear fender/tail assembly? That would be helpful.

· Registered
83 Posts
Thank you so much for that find! I searched eBay yesterday and didn't find squat, but I think part of the problem is that I don't actually know what the heck the original looks like...and when you search eBay, it just floods you with aftermarket generic fenders. So I bought that piece. Hopefully the experts here can help me figure out what else I need. I'll post a picture of what is on the bike now. I definitely need some expert help. Is there anyone who would be able to post a good pic of the stock rear fender/tail assembly? That would be helpful.
No worries, it can be a bit confusing especially as the Evo fender is made up of several parts - I've attached the relevant pages from the parts manual which should help you, often you can find the parts by searching Ebay/Google for the part number (FYI 796 Monster is the same). Be sure to check the likes of Ducati Omaha Search as some of the OEM parts are surprisingly cheap new.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts