Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody here have the D&D slip-ons on their 620? their website doesn't specify anything for it, but i know there has to be a way to hook one up. would i just get the one for the 900, or is this a bad idea? it looks like the 900 and the 620 are set up the same in that regard, so i would think it would work.... right?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just to throw in my $0.02, D&D is way too loud to be practical on EVERY single bike I've ever heard it on. IMO, it doesn't even sound good, just raspy and unpolished.

-Danimal

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
My first bike had D&D's when I bought it, I never changed them because $$ and they became my security blanket. That being said, I knew they were not the greatest brand for a Duc and they were obnoxious. I had people tell me after I got rid of the bike that they wouldn't ride with me because it was too damn loud. Talk about attracting cops when downshifting.

You can spend your money better IMO. If you want loud, look at Sils and Zards...they are loud, but not ear splitting loud. ;)

Tanya

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
The guy who had my old 620 before I did put D&Ds on it. WAY TOO LOUD. D&D owes me some hearing back. I feel bad for whoever buys that bike from my dealer. I'm surprised I was never pulled over for noise violations. Do yourself a favor and get some sensible termis*.

* I know, "sensible termis" is kind of an oxymoron

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
I had D&D's on my '01 M750, and like the others, I thought they were obnoxious. I would look at other offerings.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
are the termignonis that much quieter? how would they compare to Arrows? i briefly had some Arrows, but i think i'm really looking for something that's between them and the stock pipes. would rather not spend more than $650 or so

what about the "ducati performance" ones -- are they unique, or are they just some other brand with the ducati name on them?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
emailed you a sound clip

1 - 7 of 7 Posts