Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I am currently riding a 1998 CBR 600 F3. I have the plan in action to sell it next year and purchase a S2R 1000. This site has been an enormous help in deciding which bike was right for me. In regards to my title, I always said I would by a Duc when I grue up. At 34, enough waiting I clearly am never going to grow up. Please feel free to give me any input on the transition between the two bikes. I have been riding since the age of 8. So I am interested in analytical perspectives between the two bikes.

P.S.- I am extremely impressed with the community of Ducati riders. You guys really know your stuff.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
I went from a CBR600F3 to a 900SS (and then a 900 Monster)
the CBR was a faster bike, but i was faster on the twins because of the midrange torque, and not having to be be near redline to get into the power
have fun
jeff h
01 M900Sie
95 900SS-SP

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Good point, I hadn't thought about it like that. I was a little nervous about the speed factor.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was in the exact same boat. Finally decided 3 weeks ago to get a duc (2007 s4rs). My most recent bike was a 2006 gsxr 600, and all prior bikes were sport bikes. The biggest difference for me and the most difficult part of the transition in the handling department. I find that the monster does not handle as well as my gsxr (no surprise since the gsxr was purpose built for the track)... it is by no means a slouch but it doesn't have that same surgical precision of a sportbike. I know that part of it is just getting used to the bigger cc's and the different powerband (this thing has too much torque) but I find that I have to work harder to corner (on the gsxr I just had to think about it and it would dive into a turn). I should also note that i had my gsxr suspension set up perfectly for me.. and I haven't had time to have the suspension on the duc set up yet..... Apart from that, I am in heaven. I love this bike. No lack of power at all and it looks so nice... best of luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
n4s, Thanks I'll have to look up the difference in the bike lengths and rake to see how substantial the change will be from my CBR. Having ridden a friends 600 GSXR I understand your point. It did dive into the corners quicker than my bike. I can't wait till next year to let you know the difference from the CBR. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts