Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A numbe rof you have asked for photos of my S4 with its carbon fiber and billet parts, and carbon fiber oval high mount Termignonis.

I just posted them under "member bikes".

You can find all 3 of them by searching using "02-15-04" as your search key (I used "Jim G" for 2 of them, but screwed up and forgot for the 3rd one!).

The Sun came back today to Austin, Texas, and I got a GREAT 2 hour ride, wearing the "arrest me red" Ducati leather jacker my wife bought me yesterday for Valentine Day!

Jim G

Jim G

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Here are your pics. Sweet looking bike. I like the grey/grey combo.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kevdusmc: Thanks!! I didn't know how to post them here in the message topic itself.

Jim G

T

·
0 Posts
Nice ride Jim.....I look forward to seeing you around the Hill Country.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those are Ducati's own billet mirrors, as are the signals.

I got these particular mirrors because I wanted EXACT matching billet mirrors and signals, and these signals are the only ones I found whose rear base shape perfectly matches the oval mounting bases on the frame.

Jim G

V

·
0 Posts
A numbe rof you have asked for photos of my S4 with its carbon fiber and billet parts, and carbon fiber oval high mount Termignonis.

I just posted them under "member bikes".

You can find all 3 of them by searching using "02-15-04" as your search key (I used "Jim G" for 2 of them, but screwed up and forgot for the 3rd one!).

The Sun came back today to Austin, Texas, and I got a GREAT 2 hour ride, wearing the "arrest me red" Ducati leather jacker my wife bought me yesterday for Valentine Day!

Jim G

Jim G
What brand of exhaust end is that?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
The bike looks great Jim! I got roped into spending the day with my old lady yesterday, so no ride for me :( maybe we can meet up this weekend if the weather holds up. If you are up for a few hours on the bike, maybe we can head out to Luckenbach and meet Triple Duck...

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Vettster: Those exhausts are Termignoni.

LOKI: This weekend sounds good. Maybe plan for Saturday, with Sunday as a backup in case we have bad weather Saturday (I don't ride in the rain!).

How far is a return trip to Luckenbach? Since I'm only home less than half of each week, my family time is petty important. Up to 5 hours or so max would work.

Jim G

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Very, Very nice. The silver/silver is a classy look.

Rideon

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
LOKI: This weekend sounds good. Maybe plan for Saturday, with Sunday as a backup in case we have bad weather Saturday (I don't ride in the rain!).

How far is a return trip to Luckenbach? Since I'm only home less than half of each week, my family time is petty important. Up to 5 hours or so max would work.

Jim G
well, it took me about 2 hours out and 2 back due to back roads. I met a guy along the way that had a GPS and new alot of one laners. If we take 290 straight out I wouldnt imagine more than an hour and a half. If you want to keep it short and REALLY sweet, we can hit 2222 and Lime creek rd. I also found that Spicewood Springs is a pretty nice road to the west of Capital of Texas (360?). What area of the city are you in? I got a message from another guy by me (South Congress) that wants to go for a ride this weekend. Maybe we can get some sort of group ride going...

T

·
0 Posts
OK Boys....Saturday is looking a little chilly; but, I can put on some longjohns if you want to meet up in the early afternoon. I haven't checked the work calender but Friday looks like it has great weather potential? Watcha think?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TripleDuck & Loki: I live on the very eatsern edge of Lakeway, 1/10 mile east of 620, just south of Lakeway Blvd, on Gebron Drive. So, I am only 3.5 miles from Hwy 71, and about 10 miles from the intersection of Hwy 71 and Hwy 290.

There are LOTS of really good roads within a very few miles of my home:

- 2222 starts at 620 about 10 miles north of my house, and goes east from there

- If you go west from the above 620 / 2222 intersection instead, you have a VERY scenic, but short (few miles) ride to a small village whose name escapes me, but that same road also leads directly to Lime Creek Road which is another local classic road

- If you go west on Hwy 71 only about 1 mile, you run right into Hamilton Pool Road on the LHS, and that is my absolute favorite overall road. Speed limits vary from 40 to 60 (which gives you an idea of the road character) and there's that beautiful switchback descent to the river. This road also ends at another highway that I think connects down to 290 as well, making for the possibility of a multi-road outing in one group ride.

- I haven't been west on 290 yet, but sounds like that would be fun too

Friday won't work for me for an extended ride; it's a workday and I even have a 1pm weekly telecom on Fridays with my manager who works out of Agawam, Massachussetts, so defintiely can't play hooky. I might be able to get out by 2pm or so, but that's the earliest, and right now it still gets dark and cold by 6pm or so! If we wanted to do a 2or 3 hr ride on Friday, that would probably work.

T

·
0 Posts
Well Friday is a no go for me....I couldn't clear the schedule. Jim I'd like to seee the roads in your area; but, I think I'll make that trip to Austin a little warmer in the year (>70F). I've ridden many thousands of Hill Country miles and the Austin area is the area I've seen least of. But, the roads West of Bandera (337/336/338/470) are going to be hard to match ;).

If you guys are up for it, we could meet up at Luckenbach early Saturday afternoon, say around, 1:30-2:00. If not, I'm sure we can hook up another time. Let me know!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mapquest tells me that it is 74 miles from my house to Luckenbach, which means 150 miles return trip just to get there and back, before you show us any roads in that area!

When you talk about a 200 mile+ ride day, the weather needs to be 60 degrees or better, and dry.

So, if the forecast for Saturday is both dry and 60 degrees or better, I'm game (I'll need to get my wife's concurrence first of course!! It's SHE that bought me both the bike and the "arrest me red" leather Ducati jacket!!). But if the weather is colder, I'd prefer to keep the total miles down to 75 miles or less. If it's not dry, I'm out altogether, as washing the bike after each ride is not in my plans right now because I spend too little time in town with my family as it is!

Should we check the weather forecast again maybe around Thursday?

Jim G

T

·
0 Posts
Sounds good Jim. My plan is to go for a ride on Saturday....I was just looking for a destination and the opportunity to meet up with y'all.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tripleduck & Loki: I just got back into Austin, and it sounds like Saturday's weather is going to be good!

Loki: Where and what time do you want to meet for the ride out to Luckenbach?

Tripleduck: Where and what time would you like to join up with us?

Since the temperature sounds like it's not going to go too low Friday night / Saturday morning, I'm good any time you guys are ready if you want an early start, or do you prefer afternoon?

Jim G

T

·
0 Posts
Jim/Loki: We will be at the city park/pavillion in Fredricksburg at 1:00PM on Saturday. Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
TripleDuck: I am planning on it! I have also emailed LOKI asking if he wants to meet up for the ride out there.

LOKI: Here is the substance of the email I sent:

Mapquest says my route is Lakeway to Bee Caves, to intersection of Hwy 71 and 290, west on 290 to Fredericksburg, with a total distance of 79 miles.

Alternate route is Lakeway to Bee Caves, to Hamilton Pool Road (FM 3238), to Hwy 12, south on Hwy 12 to Hwy 290 at Dripping Springs, and then west on 290 to Fredericksburg. This second route is more scenic and a lot less car traffic (safer).

Mapquest says 1 3/4 hours / 79 miles each way, so the daytrip would be 3.5 hours plus the time we spend with TripleDuck.

I just thought of another variation if we are not too tired on the trip home:

Go east on 290 from Frdericksburg to Hwy 281 (Johnson City)
N on Hwy 281 to FM 962
E on FM 962, through Cypress Mill to Hamilton Pool Rd (3238)
E on Hamilton Pool Road to Hwy 71
E on Hwy 71 to home

This alternate route takes us down a really neat road (962/ Hamilton Pool combination), but would take longer because that road is very winding (posted down to 40 for several miles, and some 30 mph corners, and even a river switchback).

Jim G

1 - 19 of 19 Posts