Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here she is... I'm in love with my new Monster! Woot! :ride
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle
I gots ta get a tail chop.
And some new pipes...
And some orange skins to throw on her occasionally... and and and. lol
Now I have an s40 and Monster 696 to kick around on... life is almost perfect.

Trying to keep her under 6000 for the first 600 isn't easy though. lol
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Motorcycling
Motor vehicle Vehicle Lady Headlamp Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
congrats!

FYI- im of the opinion that keeping under a strict 6k limit is less important than varying the rpm/load.
lots of parts are braking into each other, you want to vary your rpm and load on the motor, and not keep it at a constant load(speed)...like a long freeway drone would do.
i wouldnt ring its neck, but no need to pussyfoot either ;)

jeff h
monsterparts.com

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Here she is... I'm in love with my new Monster! Woot! :ride
View attachment 98751
I gots ta get a tail chop.
And some new pipes...
And some orange skins to throw on her occasionally... and and and. lol
Now I have an s40 and Monster 696 to kick around on... life is almost perfect.

Trying to keep her under 6000 for the first 600 isn't easy though. lol
View attachment 98753
View attachment 98752
Welcome to the world of Ducati! You'll never forget the first one. Good advice from Hooligan. Just don't ride with the throttle pinned WFO until it's broken in (hah!) Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Sweet Congrats! It's really a nice bike, you're going to love it. Orange skins are awesome, I have a pair myself and about the only problem is everyone stops you to talk about it....wait that's not a problem at all :)

I took mine to the shop yesterday and the guys at the dealer didn't even know you could get it in different colors.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wow a monster and a Volvo? You could be the perfect woman. Looks like you have some nice roads to get to be one with your Duc. Be careful and post pics of the s40 too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
congrats!

FYI- im of the opinion that keeping under a strict 6k limit is less important than varying the rpm/load.
lots of parts are braking into each other, you want to vary your rpm and load on the motor, and not keep it at a constant load(speed)...like a long freeway drone would do.
i wouldnt ring its neck, but no need to pussyfoot either ;)

jeff h
monsterparts.com
Thx!
This is what I've been hearing lately... I think I'll follow your info! :)

Welcome to the world of Ducati! You'll never forget the first one. Good advice from Hooligan. Just don't ride with the throttle pinned WFO until it's broken in (hah!) Ride safe.
Haha - I'll try to remember that.

Sweet Congrats! It's really a nice bike, you're going to love it. Orange skins are awesome, I have a pair myself and about the only problem is everyone stops you to talk about it....wait that's not a problem at all :)

I took mine to the shop yesterday and the guys at the dealer didn't even know you could get it in different colors.
Awesome! It'll be a long while before I get tired of being stopped to talk about my Monster. Glad to hear they're not just stopping me cuz I'm a chick on a Monster. lol

Wow a monster and a Volvo? You could be the perfect woman. Looks like you have some nice roads to get to be one with your Duc. Be careful and post pics of the s40 too.
Kekeke... not a VOLVO! I also have a cruiser - Suzi Boulevard s40!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Oops (facepalm), that's okay you may still be the perfect woman. Take pics of the Zook anyway and then go get yourself a Volvo S40 turbo, silver with black leather. You'll look great in it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts