Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After two weeks of waiting around for my new 2002 Monster 750S, it finally showed up on Friday night. I managed to put in 33 miles over the weekend. I noticed that the bike runs really rough at low RPMs(2k-3k). Also what is the ideal running temperature on this bike? Since this is my first new bike, what are some of the break-in tips besides keeping it under 5k-6k RPM? Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
The V-twin Ducati motors don't like much throttle below 3000 rpms. You'll get used to that.

Generally, when breaking in the engine, you want to keep from getting it too hot, but that won't be a problem during the next few months.

Ride it somewhere with lots of hills and turns so that you're constantly accelarating, braking, and shifting gears. Don't be afraid to open up the throttle once in a while, but don't keep much of a load on the engine for very long.

Oh, and congratulations on becoming a Monster owner.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Scott and Daffe. Yeah I already signed for the DNA event. Scott what's considered hot? The temperature gauge is reading between 173 -193 degrees.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
What is hot? I don't know, the Monster didn't have a temperature gauge. I would avoid getting the temperature over 250 degrees. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts