1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
not too bad... colors look washed out a bit though... use Photoshop to fix it.

what kinda camera? I have a 4.0 MP 10x optical zoom camera. wireless remote.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Nice, Gunny! The only thing I would change are the mirrors.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
I like that fairing dual headlight setup!!
What brand is that fairing??

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Daffe, the camera is a 2100 Nikon Coolpix, nothin like what ur packin', but for a novice like me it does the job...The colors are actually really good (when I view them on my comp), but something happened when uploading to DML...

The mirrors will hopefully get replaced soon, it was a cheap $25 pick up to replace the mickey ears...any reasonably priced recommendations?

The windscreen is from motowheels...

I accidently copied the same pic twice, here is the 3rd (showing the tailchop):

http://www.ducatimonster.org/cgi-bi..._Member_Bikes&image=Blingin'Duc3.JPG&img=&tt=

Thanks for all the input guys!

S

·
0 Posts
i initially didn't like the look of the motowheels-special bikini fairing but that's cuz i hadn't seen one on a bike. looks sharp!

and those sil motor cans look excellent. is that a standard length or did you trim yours down to "match" the bobbed tail?

good stuff dude.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Looks good.....Nice set up
Shoot I cant wait to get mine
Mine is still awaiting pick up at the dealership [smiley=sad.gif]

L

·
0 Posts
Looks great!!!!

BE CAREFUL WHEN POSTING PICS OF YOUR BIKE WITH THE LICENSE PLATE SHOWING.

If anyone really wants to find your or info on your bike that is one hell of an open door. I would take the picture into Adobe, Paint or some other image program and blank out the plate before posting..

Otherwise the shots are nice and that bike is seriously sweet.

Liter

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Looks great!!!!

If anyone really wants to find your or info on your bike that is one hell of an open door. I would take the picture into Adobe, Paint or some other image program and blank out the plate before posting..Liter
I wondered why people blipped out their plate, but my truck sits on the street all day, and my plates are visible to the public at any time, but I guess more " Bad" people can see them over the net??? :-[

L

·
0 Posts
my plates are visible to the public at any time, but I guess more " Bad" people can see them over the net??? :-[

Not only that, but look at all the scams you find on Ebay or CycleTrader. People getting info and trying to "Sell Your Bike". All it takes is someone with an easy target and some internet connections or inside connections (think DMV) and all of your personal info is available. Not only do they not have to know where you live, but they dont even have to send someone out to snatch your plate info....You have already given it to them :eek:

All I am saying is that its a really bad idea, especially in this age when stealing others peoples identity is sooooo common. Give those bastards as little to work with as possible. If they really want me they are going to have to hunt.

Liter:D

·
Banned
3,931 Posts

If anyone really wants to find your or info on your bike that is one hell of an open door. I would take the picture into Adobe, Paint or some other image program and blank out the plate before posting..
Excuse me for not being paranoid, but what exactly might they do?

I'm proud of my plate (GRAMMPA) and like to have it show up in photos. Anyone who seriously wants to find out about me can take the information on my signature line and track down my home address and phone number in about three minutes if they know anything at all about using Google.

So what kinds of bad things are going to happen to those of us who don't try to hide who we are, where we live, or what we ride/drive?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
... not sure about the bad things happening... personally I wouldn't worry about it.

as far as the camera thing goes, I think when you upload the photo to the DML, the picture gallery app truncates it so the photo isn't exactly the same anymore. YOu'd have to ask Jeff about that one though. Every time you save a JPEG it gets lossy (drops small bits of info due to the compression). if you save the JPEG on itself over and over, pretty soon, you'll get a pretty crappy lookin' photo. Best thing to do is to save all originals as either TIFF or PSD format files to prevent lossy format.

L

·
0 Posts
Excuse me for not being paranoid, but what exactly might they do?

So what kinds of bad things are going to happen to those of us who don't try to hide who we are, where we live, or what we ride/drive?

Keep posting it and throwing it around and you can let us know :D

You can also leave your front door open where you live as well. I mean, hell, if they want in they are coming anyways right? ::)

Taking steps to make your information less available is SMART anyway you look at it. By all means feel free to post your VIN number in there also so they have less work for them.....

R

·
0 Posts
I resize my images to the DML size first. If the image is within DML standards the software does little to the image. Photoshop does a better job then the DML software.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Looks great!!!!

Otherwise the shots are nice and that bike is seriously sweet.

Liter
I think paranoia will destroy ya! Dude... Even your web site is protected; you post a link to it and when you click on it you get -
The requested resource is currently locked. The lock must be released or proper identification given before the method can be applied.

N

·
0 Posts
sweet lights! where did you pick those up? i have been looking for the ones on the ducati website, seem to be bigger than most i have seen. any ideas?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got the dual light setup from Spareshack last year...You may want to see if Stuart still carries them...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts