1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my 94 M900
944 kit
FCRs
PM chicane racing wheels (powder coated)
Lightened flywheel
Ducati performance Tach
Custom Vortex 40 tooth rear sprocket
Afam 14 tooth front
Custom rear sets and side stand
Micron exhaust
Stainless bolts
Brake tech iron floating front rotors
Steel lines all around
Varoius polished stuff
Billet gas cap
Carbon front fender and side covers
and lots of powdercoat and anodizing!

DJ SET ME UP WITH THIS GREAT WEBSITE SO LOTS OF NEW PICS!

http://dtmsurf.myshots.net/

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Re: Finally Finished My Bike! (pics)

looks sweet man! :eek:

who did the frame?

you do all the disassembling and reassembling yourself?

I have low mount Staintune cans...and was thinking about switching to highmounts, but now that i see your cans i am thinking about staying low mount....it allows "one" to see the space between the seat and the tire.....looks nice....the high mounts kind of block the rear tire well opening space effect....

hmmm..well i guess i will stay low mount for now!

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

The frame was the only thing yellow on the bike when I got it. I did tear down the bike completely myself and cleaned/powder coated everything else. I even had the gas tank powder coated. I figure I have turned every bolt on the chassis of the bike. Its a nice feeling.
Ya know, high mounts are cool but I have grown to love the way the lows look on this bike. I am looking for a set of 2bros Xmetal lows to replace the faded Microns (I guess your never REALLY done)

S

·
0 Posts

very cool stuff! i can definately appreciate the work having torn my bike down to bits as well... must feel like a completely different bike with the 944 kit and FCR's!

as for the microns, before you go with 2bro's, try giving the carbon shells a light sanding and spray them with high-temp clear. i had microns on my SS once upon a time and thought they were the best slip-ons on the market!!

H

·
0 Posts

I like it without the belt covers! That looks really cool!

C

·
0 Posts

Very nice bike!!! I like to see someone pay attention to detail and reinforce the simplicity that's already in the design (instead of just bolting on a buch of after market bling! - does that not, not make us better than the chrome bolt-on cruiser crowd? ::) )

When ever I see someone have fun with a monster like this it makes me want to keep mine just to do something crazy with it . . . but alas.

jb

·
Registered
4,533 Posts

I really like the minimalist look. Hooligan 100%.

Maybe a dumb ?, but do all the early monsters have the rear calipers below the swingarm. If I am thinking clearly (always in question), the newer ones have it mounted above the swingarm. I like it on yours exposed, and black, gives it an industrial look.

mitt

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I dont know if they all have it, I bought mine with it on the bottom. The bracket has been polished and the caliper powder coated for a custom look.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts

man i luv the black powder coated forks/swing arm and casing. i wish i could get that done to my ride, just can't justify the $$$. sweet ride ;D

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

All the powder coat (including the tank) and anodizing cost me $300 if you do all the tear down and reassembly yourself it is much, much, cheaper than having stuff painted. Find a good powder coater and ask about pricing, Ill bet they surprise you!

·
Premium Member
752 Posts

All the powder coat (including the tank) and anodizing cost me $300 if you do all the tear down and reassembly yourself it is much, much, cheaper than having stuff painted. Find a good powder coater and ask about pricing, Ill bet they surprise you!
in a perfect world that would work, however i currently have to do all my mods on the sidewalk in front of my apartment, so i can't really disassemble my ride. most mods have to be done during daylight hours and it has to start back up so i can ride it to my parking spot. learned the hard way putting on my ignition coils late one afternoon and relized i didn't have proper wire adaptors. pain in the a$$ putting the stock ignition coils back in while dark.

·
0 Posts

Very nice job an your bike dog. I know you feel uch closer taking the bike apart yourself. It really makes it fell like the bike is yours. Good job. Gotta a name for your bike?

R.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

KillerB :)

D

·
0 Posts

DTM- EXCELLENT job matching the bars with the frame. I love it! I also apologize in advance if I have to steal your idea someday :)

·
Registered
1,451 Posts

Very nice job DTM!! Very clean and tasteful.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts