Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looky what I found:

I have been wanting these since my buddy got a pair for his ST4s. Of course the axle sizes are different and noone seemed to offer them. I picked up these from http://www.corsair-industries.com/. Communication was great and I was able to pick my choice of colors. The parts themselves look great with a minimum of tool marks and the gold finish is deep, smooth and even. To top it off Cody was easy to work with and responded quickly to eMail. I'll update this post with pics once I mount these on Saturday.

[thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Very nice, the stock pieces are fugly, I sent them an email.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I looked at the pics on the web site. This is nice.

But is there a "pointer" in the middle so you can use it to line the two sides up? Or is this just to replace the old piece?

EDIT: and what's up with "clear?"

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
"clear" being finish ... they aren't actually transparent :p

i also sent an email, they don't offer them for aluminum swingarms with 25mm axles yet .... but if anyone with an 'S' model lives in San Diego is interested, shoot them an email and maybe your bike can be used for fitment.

plus that will help me get mine faster. :)

·
Registered
489 Posts
swerdna said:
"Transparent aluminum?" :D

//Name that movie!
Star Trek 4

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
hmm, cool! I've been playing with UGS software lately at work because we've got an extra floating license (I'm a EE and not a ME, so I never used to be able to play with this)

I've been looking for a new play project to learn some more stuff, this looks to be a good one, thanks! [thumbsup]

not to threadjack, but just to get my thoughts going, what would be some features that would be slick to try to incorporate?

·
Registered
760 Posts
hiero said:
what would be some features that would be slick to try to incorporate?
Hiero,
A few suggestions.
1) It seems like they're not making 25mm Aluminum swingarm versions and
2) What about possibly incorporating mounts (or possibly threads for) swingarm spools?

<threadjack> we now return you to your normally scheduled thread</threadjack>

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
2001cromo said:
Hiero,
A few suggestions.
1) It seems like they're not making 25mm Aluminum swingarm versions and
2) What about possibly incorporating mounts (or possibly threads for) swingarm spools?

<threadjack> we now return you to your normally scheduled thread</threadjack>
hmm, would the plates be a solid enough mount to the swingarm to have spools on? It'd be pretty easy to put a boss on the plates for spool threads ...

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
If you mounted the spools to those plates wouldn't you be moving the whole bike when you try to adjust the wheel....?

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Jen Italia said:
If you mounted the spools to those plates wouldn't you be moving the whole bike when you try to adjust the wheel....?
yeah - putting spools on plates pretty much makes them for show purposes only, no functionality.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Anybody know what size would fit a '05 620?

·
Registered
760 Posts
OK, so the spools was a bad idea. I'll use the excuse it was late and I wasn't thinkin.... (yeah, that's the ticket)

But what about making them for the aluminum 25mm swingarms, is there any difference from the steel 25mm?

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
I think where 2001cromo was trying to go (hee hee) was someway to deal with the clearance issues he has between the billet axle plates on his swingarm and his spools. That's why he should be in bed at 1:50am. [laugh] And since I'm the one with the 25mm- Al swingarm, I suspect someone was up late looking for what to get me for my birthday [thumbsup]

sorry to interrupt here....

im out

-michelle

1 - 16 of 16 Posts