Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the S2R. But I am torn between it and some other bikes ONLY because of the reliability and maintenacne costs that I have heard of over and over again- even from Ducati dealers. I need to know a realistic yearly cost to run an S2R. This is the only thing holding me back from the Ducati, so if I can justify it, the bike is mine. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
some dealers will reach pretty far into your back pocket, if you let them. but really, you can do a lot of the basic maintainence yourself. i border on being legally retarded, with machinery, and i changed my own timing belts without incident.

as for reliability, my m900 has been pretty bulletproof.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
That depends on how many miles you're doing a year. If you think you're going to do 7.5k miles a year then you should count on around $1k per year. If you're doing less then obviously you'll pay less but it's down to milage, not calendar years. You can also opt to do some or all of the work yourself if you're so inclined (I'm not, well, without help), that will help reduce the cost of maintenance.

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
Mileage and type of riding will be big factors like Steve said. I've about burned up a back tire at 3k. The 695 requires even less maint. I only speak for myself but PI has treated me very well!

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Wow, my rear lasted 9k miles. Your style certainly makes a difference but, a different bike won't present a different equation in that respect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts