Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·


here is a pic of the underside of the tank. THe white is drywall dust from my hands, oops! It will be all cleaned up if someone buys it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45,105 Posts
brian_s said:
here is a pic of the underside of the tank. THe white is drywall dust from my hands, oops! It will be all cleaned up if someone buys it...
Not the right one for my bike. :-\

I wish it were, that paintjob looks fantastic.

Thanks for posting the picture.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
271 Posts
it's a beautiful tank, but the bottom doesn't look anything like the one on my '00 m900 - you sure it's for a fuel injected bike?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does not fit on the '97 carb monster in my garage, so I think it must be FI. If you have more insight than I let me know.
Thanks,
Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
271 Posts
you might take it by ducati seattle and see what they say
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45,105 Posts
mtn_mnztr said:
it's a beautiful tank, but the bottom doesn't look anything like the one on my '00 m900 - you sure it's for a fuel injected bike?
That was my first thought as well.

The more I think about it the more I think you're right.


brian_s said:
Does not fit on the '97 carb monster in my garage, so I think it must be FI. If you have more insight than I let me know.
Thanks,
Brian
What about it doesn't fit?

The two nipples to the left of the hinge are for the vent and overflow drain tubes, the threaded hole up from that is for mounting the bracket for the fuel filter, and the nipple that sticks out of the side of the tank is for the supply line.

If it were fuel injected it'd have one more hose nipple for the fuel return line.

I just went out in the garage and looked under the tank of my roommate's '97 750 and it looks identical to the one in your picture.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,324 Posts
I think that tank is for a late 750 carby. Like "00 and up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
when I try and fit it on the '97 carb the seat does not match up to the cutouts and it sits a bit forward making the latch impossible to catch and the bars hit the corners unless the bump stops are moved way out. Also the rubber pads on the bottom do not seem to mate with the frame correctly, i bit narrow...

I will try and run it past Duc Seattle today. The bottom of it looks similar to that of my 97 m900 tank, but doesn't fit? Any other ideas let me know...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Turns out it started life as a dark tank from a '00 m750 carb bike. If anyone needs a tank for a 750 carb let me know.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top