Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, need your advice about my M1000. Recently put on K&N pods and a TFI. My gas milage blows but I haven't been able to get the bike to a dyno so I expect this will get better after that. The other day though I ran out of gas at about 120 kms (75 miles, saw that in another thread as well, will check under the tank for leaks). Strange thing is I went to fill up and only got 13 liters in. Its a 15 liter tank. What happened to the other 2 liters.

First my stupid question (I know bikes pretty well but this is my first Duc and my first FI bike): This bike ain't got a petcock, right? (petcock ... good gravy ::))

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
When I added a chip and opened-up airbox to my 907, it ran a lot better but had a significant drop in fuel mileage. I used to easily get 220 or more on a tank but now it will only get 180's or 190's. Of course, it SOUNDS a lot better (already had slipons) and the first few tanks my really bad mileage may have been more due to a heavy hand on the throttle. ;D

M

·
0 Posts
What's "feul"? Lol! Anyway, no, your Duc doesn't have a petcock for the fuel. Dyno it and get it dialed and your mileage may come back a bit. Any chance you're being a bit heavy-handed with the throttle while enjoying the new mods?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heavy handed ... hmmmm ... is going stoplight to stoplight every time full throttle heavy handed ... Mmmmmmaybe I am ;D Yeah, I know that's a problem (Sunday night I came out of a cinema, turned the wrong way by mistake and was having so much fun on the throttle I ended up in the next town before I realized it ... this bike's just too much fun). I also know the bike's running a little rich (plugs are black) so I have readjusted the TFI, but I gotta get to a dyno to get it right. My highway ride tomorrow will give me a better feeling for the fuel (got it right this time) milage as it'll be steady throttle for long periods.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts