Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question: 1) Anyone ever put ferraci CF high mounts on a 2000 900ie... was just curious if someone had an opinion on whether it looked ok compared to the stock low mounts... better worse?? and how did it work with the stock rear sets, passenger pegs and attachment points?
2) Also was curious about the high mounts in compariosn to a set of Ducati Performance low mounts. I dont know much about the Ducati label pipes???

Ducati stuff is new to me so any Advice/opinions would be appreciated.... come on folks I know we aren't all short on opinions here......... :)

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OH and if anyone has comparo with BlueFlame pipes... was looking at those as well... never have heard em though... Its not like my VFR where i knew I was going two brothers....

·
Registered
333 Posts
can only speak to the low mount cf ferraci slip ons and i love them. i don't think any aftermarket pipe compared to the stock ones will disappoint. as i understand the ferraci pipes are rebadged sils-so if you get a look at those in the high mount version they might give you a good idea of the set-up. someone else might no better...

·
Registered
760 Posts
Both Ferracci and Ducati "rebage" their pipes. I believe currently the Ferracci pipes are Sil's and nice. And the Ducati's are also nice.

It's really a matter of personal taste... and once you find something "that YOU like the look of" then you see how you make it work...

If you did'nt already know regarding different materials for exhausts,

Carbon doesn't get that hot
Aluminum gets hot
Titanium gets REAL HOT and dents easy.
Stainless may not get hot (if they're double walled)

And also realize that you may (this usually starts a debate) / may not need to mess with the fuel injection. If/when you change the pipes. Certainly if you change the intake you will need to adjust.

You have a 1.5 ECU which means it can be re-flashed and you don't have an immobilzer (IMO, that's a good thing). Or you can get a Power Commander and have that tuned by a competent shop. I imagine you're somewhere near NYC because of your sig. If so, I'd recommend Cliff's Ducati/BMW in Danbury Conn. It's about 45 minutes outside the city. And John does great work.

Good luck either way.

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
edgesnyc said:
Question: 1) Anyone ever put ferraci CF high mounts on a 2000 900ie... was just curious if someone had an opinion on whether it looked ok compared to the stock low mounts... better worse??
you are the only one that can answer this question. There a loads of posts and photos of exhausts, I suggest taking your time and looking through photos and picking what you like. There are also threads and databases of exhaust sounds if this is a factor in your picking exhaust.

One thing to consider about hi-mount pipes is if you ever plan to do any long trips/tours you can't use saddle bags.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey,
Realize that the look is an opinion issue... was vacillating myself... liked the stocker look but the high mounts open things up nicely... was just fishing around a bit... :)
Thanks for all the input... I may just pick up a power commander with the pipes... sounds like its a good idea... I just got the bike and as it will sit for most of the winter... unless its above 32 at some point here in NYC... so I thought I would go about my mods slowly here seeing what I could find.
Thanks again... its all useful... and I'll look into danbury's shop...

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have a 2000 900ie, previously had cored pipes, which sounded very nice. But I switched to Sils Hi Mount and I absolutely love them. I also have the KN filter. I haven't had to changed anything with the FI, bike runs great.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Nice bike Hailander [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those pipes look really nice Hailander... Very nice... thanks for the pic...
Im thinking that might be a nice way to go ... I can grab ferraci highs or lows pretty cheap right now and they are made by Sil I heard... so Im sure they would be quite similar.

·
Registered
289 Posts
kopfjager said:
Nice bike Hailander [thumbsup]
Much thanks...only thing left is a CRG Levers upgrade, than I think I will be done modding for some time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts