Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not able to post the pictures of this exhaust because I am an idiot. Ferracci just sent me some pics of their full system for the S4R...I can email the file for someone to post if anyone wants it. Let me know. It looks good.....but....the cans still look a little long for my bike.....I am still leaning toward the Arrow.

Jeff

R

·
0 Posts
Forward the images to me. I will post them. I would have emailed yoiu, but your email is hidden.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I think the way Sil have done the pipework makes it look too long underneath the engine--a bit Buellish!-,also the cans (in my opinion )are too long

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Posted for Finnster...

[img ]http://www.ducatimonster.org/ImageFolio3_files/gallery/Misc/DML_Posts/IM000010A.JPG[/img]

[img ]http://www.ducatimonster.org/ImageFolio3_files/gallery/Misc/DML_Posts/IM000011A.JPG[/img]

[img ]http://www.ducatimonster.org/ImageFolio3_files/gallery/Misc/DML_Posts/IM000012A.JPG[/img]
------------edit-------------------------
Pics came out better in the next post, so I 'spaced' the link.

R

·
0 Posts
Ok
Sorry it took so long.

I agree the pipes are a bit long. I wonder if you could cut them down.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Dennis, that's OK, it was kind of interesting to compare image quality, since we both started with the same pics. I used some cheeseball software at my work to resize the pics. Yours came out much better. ;)

R

·
0 Posts
I did it quick in Photoshop and reduced it to 600 x whatever. Saved it for web at 50% quality. I like to try to keep file sizes small as possible. But I always have to go higher with RED bikes. The red is the first thing to go bad in pictures.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Man, those pipes would be killer if they had less length to them. I hope the companies bring out some more systems pretty soon.

R

·
0 Posts
I got tired of waiting. So I sent my stock pipes to Strati for a bit of mods. With any luck they will be back this week. I will post before and after video with audio. I figure if the audio is good, I will be content to wait one more season to see what comes out. I am still not real thrill with the current options. If I had a choice, it would be a set of high mount Megaphone shaped pipes like we have seen on other Monsters. I for get who makes them. I think it is Sil Motors. Hopefully the high mounts will come down the road. I am not a big fan of the shot gun exhaust.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Those shorties look so cool! I bet they would have some massive sound too if that mod could be done. I'm looking forward to see/hear your pipes after Strati's done with them RaceDay.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
The Marving 2-1 exhaust looks nice in my opinion!!

R

·
0 Posts
Im not so sure on the single pipe , but I like the arrow full system, that whats going on my bike

Dan
If I was going to buy a full system right now, it would be the arrow too. I had strati mod my stock pipe to give me something until a full system I really like comes out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts